Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've recently noticed a jump in the amount of fuel fumes i've noticed on my bike. especially after my airbox delete as well as boster plug mod. i had the x-pipe mod and gassers exhausts installed in the past and didn't notice any jump in the amount of fumes, but after my airbox delete mod, i really noticed it. don't know if it was the airbox delete or also the booster plug (which i know makes the bike run richer). it's very noticeable to the point where when i arrive at my destination, my clothes really smell of fuel/exhaust fumes. anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting...
I recently installed the Booster Plug, already have a Remus exhaust which I ride mostly without the baffles. No x-pipe, no airbox delete (German regulations suck).
However since i have the Booster Plug a friend who rode behind me made a remark about smelling fuel. I personally didn´t notice anything, least of all more fumes. Might be coincidence. But as you pointed out correctly the bike does run richer with the Booster Plug. I´ll keep an eye (and maybe an nose) on the subject.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! i figure the booster plug may be the main culprit here. when riding it's fine, just when i'm stopped at a traffic light for an extended period of time where the fumes really creep up and i can really smell the fuel.

smells good though!

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
thanks! i figure the booster plug may be the main culprit here. when riding it's fine, just when i'm stopped at a traffic light for an extended period of time where the fumes really creep up and i can really smell the fuel.

smells good though!
Maybe you should check to ensure all the clamps are tight around your headers/exhaust connection to the Xpipe. Could have an exhaust leak...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts