Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carlisle Fairgrounds this weekend is hosting the International Motorcycle Show this weekend. The reason i'm posting this now is I just found out about it after my wife got us tickets for it. Seems they have a Learn to ride program there that she's interested in. Just curious if anyone around here was going?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Carlisle Fairgrounds this weekend is hosting the International Motorcycle Show this weekend. The reason i'm posting this now is I just found out about it after my wife got us tickets for it. Seems they have a Learn to ride program there that she's interested in. Just curious if anyone around here was going?
I take it that it isn’t the proper Carlisle? As in the northern English Carlisle?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think the clue was in the strap line ‘Carlisle PA’

I think this must be drilled into Americans at an early age to always mention the State after the place name or the Country if the place is aboard. This is why in American movies, whenever they use London as a location you almost always get a shot of the Houses of Parliament on the Thames and a red bus before seeing a caption, which reads ‘London England’. That’s just so you don’t confuse it with a small town called London in Idaho. 😂😂😂

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Guffer. It's on the other side of the pond.
Looking forward to some of the demo and test rides they have going. Harleys, Triumphs, Royal Enfields. Hoping to try out one of the Himalayans from R.E.
I take it that it isn’t the proper Carlisle? As in the northern English Carlisle?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BB it sticks in my head there is a London, Ontario as well.
I think the clue was in the strap line ‘Carlisle PA’

I think this must be drilled into Americans at an early age to always mention the State after the place name or the Country if the place is aboard. This is why in American movies, whenever they use London as a location you almost always get a shot of the Houses of Parliament on the Thames and a red bus before seeing a caption, which reads ‘London England’. That’s just so you don’t confuse it with a small town called London in Idaho. 😂😂😂

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
After 37 years in the Army when I hear Carlisle I automatically think of Carlisle Barracks . . . . the home of the U.S. Army War College.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just less than a mile down the road from the Fairgrounds so you're thinking of the right town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts