Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Immobilized delete

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sullivs 
#1 ·
So, after a cursory search for any discussion on the subject, I am looking into deleting the factory immobilizer from my Bobber. I have already isolated the electrical ins and outs of the plug connecting the immobilizer. Here is what I have found so far:

Terminal 1: blue (to ABS modulator, diagnostic port, instruments, and ECM)
Terminal 2: green (shared with #8 from same source; from fuse box position 7)
Terminal 5: black/green (from ignition switch; immobilizer antenna)
Terminal 6: red (to ABS modulator, diagnostic port, instruments, and ECM)
Terminal 7: black (chassis ground)
Terminal 8: green (shared with #2 from same source; from fuse box position 7)
Terminal 10: black (from ignition switch; immobilizer antenna)

Thus begins the theory portion of my posit. I would only need to resistor this circuit if I was trying to trick the system into believing that the appropriate Triumph key was in the ignition but otherwise not deleting the entire immobilizer. Because I am aiming to remove the entire component, I need only “jumper” the plug so that the ECM believes that the immobilizer is in place, acting normally, and performing the function of completing the ignition circuit through its own switching function. By that logic, I am thinking that jumping terminal 2 and 1, as well as 8 and 6 should do the trick... the immobilizer antenna is a vestigial function with no immobilizer, and there is no call for a chassis ground if there is no actual switching or internal circuits to perform any functions. From what I have seen of existing commercially available “Immobilizer delete plugs,” that is exactly what you get. A blanking plug with two wires jumping a total of four terminals together, in most cases.

After such a long a post, if there is anyone left reading with more electrical engineering experience than myself, please chime in! I’m great at the basics, but this is my first time deleting a factory immobilizer such as this. In case anyone is wondering why, I am installing a much more sophisticated wiring harness and electrical/ electronics system with its own active alarm system.

-John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi John,

I know your post is ancient, but did you find a solution to your immobilizer-delete question? I have several Triumphs, vintage and modern. My latest project is a '19 Street Twin that was in an accident. It too, has an immobilizer issue and I only have one key.

So I was also looking to find if the immobilizer could by bypassed/removed.

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.