Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put some new toys on the bike over the weekend at home. New pipes, xpipe, apes, headlight and did some powder coating.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Looks great! Getting your own powdering done is a cool thing, lots of different options.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put some new toys on the bike over the weekend at home. New pipes, xpipe, apes, headlight and did some powder coating.
Brandon, were there any issues connecting the wires to the new headlight?

Chico
None. The only thing is the OEM headlight has a small running light in it. Its the yellow and 1 of the black ground wire. The light I put in doesn't have a running light, but the headlight comes on when you start the bike so I'm not really not sure what the point of that small light is. The OEM signals don't have running light option. The Rizoma signals I'm gonna install do have running lights. I will use the yellow wire for the running lights in the signals. Works out pretty good actually. Right now I just clipped yellow wire and put shrink tube on it.

If you end up changing headlight the OEM wires are
Yellow - running
Blacks - ground
Blue with white stripe - high beam
Blue with purple stripe - low beam

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Thank you Brandon. I installed the larger t120 headlight, just plug and play. Took out the small light bulb from it's receptacle and shrink-ed it, then just stuck it and the wires in the rear aperture in the lamp bucket.
I do like how it looks.

Chico

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Brandon. I installed the larger t120 headlight, just plug and play. Took out the small light bulb from it's receptacle and shrink-ed it, then just stuck it and the wires in the rear aperture in the lamp bucket.
I do like how it looks.

Chico
Nice. Always good when you do a mod and it turns out the way you hoped.

·
Registered
76 Posts
None. The only thing is the OEM headlight has a small running light in it. Its the yellow and 1 of the black ground wire. The light I put in doesn't have a running light, but the headlight comes on when you start the bike so I'm not really not sure what the point of that small light is. The OEM signals don't have running light option. The Rizoma signals I'm gonna install do have running lights. I will use the yellow wire for the running lights in the signals. Works out pretty good actually. Right now I just clipped yellow wire and put shrink tube on it.

Yellow - running
Blacks - ground
Is the yellow not the parking light?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yellow - running
Blacks - ground
Is the yellow not the parking light?
First off, your avatar is great, but what would be considered park on a bike?

·
Registered
428 Posts
The ignition switch has a park position. This is to be used when parked and you want the tail light and front parking bulb on so as to be obvious and seen while parked for a short time. Maybe when on the side of the road or a secluded parking stall.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The ignition switch has a park position. This is to be used when parked and you want the tail light and front parking bulb on so as to be obvious and seen while parked for a short time. Maybe when on the side of the road or a secluded parking stall.
Got it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Nice. Always good when you do a mod and it turns out the way you hoped.
It bothered me that the LED "running lights" weren't lit. So I got Deutch connectors, clipped the bulb receptacle and the connector that comes with the headlamp off. Easy task to attach the wires into the Deutch units and now all is well in Blobber universe.

PS, Amazon carries the connectors:

Chico

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this is an old post, I’m about to do the apes and extended wires , cables and lines. Is the kit from Triumph a plug and play or is there any splicing and de pinning connectors involved?

·
Registered
792 Posts
It's a British thing. Maybe because of their weather?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts