Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for posting that picture.
I can't find the "other thread" .. help.

I have loads of questions. Like were you about to do the wiring yourself? How tech is it?
and can the license plate holder be made to rotate vertically.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The other thread is about Tool bags or bags. I used the Triumph high handle bar kit which is longer brake, clutch, and 3 electrical wires. Ive done my own on older bikes but with throttle by wire, ABS, modes, traction control etc. I didn't dare.
You have to remove the tank and it takes a couple hours! The licence plate folds forward but does not go vertical which is now illegal in many states!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update.... the other thread is Tail bags in the Appearance Modifications section!

·
Registered
16 Posts
looking GOOD!

i'm about to order that shorty fender but with clip-ons up front instead + a BUNCH of other mods...

my ride will end up looking like my avatar pic very soon... stay tuned!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yikes, are those the apes Triumph as on their catalogue? (Part # A9630250) If so, how much rise do they have? How far back are they? Got a side profile picture?

I ordered mine when the bike was delivered and was told it'll be a few weeks; a few weeks turned into an April 1st availability and now I'm told it'll be May 7th at the earliest :(

Was also told that the Factory Service Manual would not be available for a couple of months at least...

Never had a problem getting parts for my Harleys; is this a sign of things to come?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can see them a little better here! These measure 12" to the top. They are very comfortable.The bike turns a lot of heads!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The Statement seat is very comfortable, you can easily ride till the tank is dry. The stock seat has more padding, is slightly wider, and has a little more back support so it is a little more comfortable!

As far as handling I thought the apes gave up a little in the slow speed handling then I found only 21 lbs in my front tire which I think did not help!

I have a toolbag attached to the stock seat so I plan on rotating when I need some storage!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Local Tampa Triumph parts guy with almost 20 years Triumph experience has seen loads of new models introduced.
And he fully expects the Bobber to follow the same pattern of Triumph trickling out accessories for several months after
the initial bike sales.
That's just what happens. They are a Black Dealer and get preferential treatment, but 6 weeks in, having ordered a ton of stuff, are waiting
for it to start to arrive.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you have been following my posts you can see how frusrated I am. My dealer said parts would be in shortly after the bike, that was February this is April!

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have been following my posts you can see how frusrated I am. My dealer said parts would be in shortly after the bike, that was February this is April!
My handlebars will not arrive until at least mid-May, as per Triumph GA Headquarters... no apology either. H-D has accesories readily available before the bike is even out... Triumph dropped the ball on this one.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My handlebars will not arrive until at least mid-May, as per Triumph GA Headquarters... no apology either. H-D has accesories readily available before the bike is even out... Triumph dropped the ball on this one.
Its very frustrating to say the least. When you are buying the bike they say don't worry, after they have your money???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well i just ordered almost the entire catalogue of parts last week, dealer says delivery ETA from Triumph will be towards end of May... ugh.

half of the parts weren't even in Triumph's dealer parts database yet, which means they were not even available.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well i just ordered almost the entire catalogue of parts last week, dealer says delivery ETA from Triumph will be towards end of May... ugh.

half of the parts weren't even in Triumph's dealer parts database yet, which means they were not even available.
You need to get creative, I am really surprised that with hundreds of views on 2 forums only one person has asked how my Bobber has parts that are not even available in the US yet???

And he did it in a PM so no one else saw it!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts