Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think that looks all sorts of weird ... reminds me of a taxi roof thing. Sorry I suck at being descriptive, but I personally don't like it in terms of looks strictly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think it's one of those things that you either like or you don't. I'm personally not a fan of it but maybe the plate will look better if it's your license plate and not just Triumph.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Really up to you and what you want on your Bobber. Maybe I'd like it more if the letters and border is in silver to match the silver part of the tank.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Takes away the US version of old school Bobbers. I like being a little different so if you like it go for it, jut not my cup of Expresso.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I had asked a similar question a long time ago. I like it a lot but, not the Triumph logo on it. License plate is the way to go, particularly as @muensterDeath says, with the rack on the rear fender. Very much an old school and WW11 look. Didn’t know they were offering that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, we called them meat cleavers. If you're in the US, I'd be worried about liability issues if you put one on.
Haha! Liability! You’ve just hit a pedestrian with your tire, headlight, handlebar and possibly your whole body, but you’re worried that he’s going to know that you’re front fender plate isn’t stock? Someone is overthinking this.

·
Registered
712 Posts
This got my attention because I came very close to doing this a couple months ago. I found somebody on ebay who could custom stamp whatever letters/number you want and provide a 2-sided vintage looking plate. I was going to make it match my vanity plate.

In the end, though, I decided it wreaks of "Big Brother" (old European requirements for excessive markings -- kind of like the preposterously GIGANTIC number plates so many countries require now. Yuck!). Besides, the idea of a "Bobber" is to remove parts and mass, not add more. That's why I am reluctant to carry out my tank shifter / quick shifter fantasy. Cool though it would be!

-GPz

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Haha! Liability! You’ve just hit a pedestrian with your tire, headlight, handlebar and possibly your whole body, but you’re worried that he’s going to know that you’re front fender plate isn’t stock? Someone is overthinking this.
Fair enough :grin2: But America is the most litigious country in the world and stranger things have happened...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts