Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love em or hate em ...They sound F*&*in awesome . I had a couple of slipons lying around that I was going to use on my Thruxton 900 , alas which Is no longer with us , So It was raining outside and I was looking for something to do on the BB , I was thinking don't do It don't ^%$# do It , well I did It . It took me nearly all day to get these things to fit but I got there In the end . imo they don't look to bad I think they will grow on me In time , they are worth keeping for the sound Its a deep deep rumble God knows what they will sound like when I actually ride It , hopefully tomorrow If It stops raining .

Ill take some better pix when I get the chance .

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
What are those, sort of 1-into-2 turnouts on each side?

They look fantastic and if I understand what I'm looking at they are going to be LOUD when you're on the throttle.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are those, sort of 1-into-2 turnouts on each side?

They look fantastic and if I understand what I'm looking at they are going to be LOUD when you're on the throttle.

-GPz/Gary

Thanks and yes that's exactly what they are , No baffles so It looks like ear plugs . >:)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice indeed.

These really look the biz, well done. I would have been all over these in my youth but my tastes are a little different these day but it doesn't stop me appreciating them.

Cheerio,

Roy

I hear ya Roy...My wife keeps on reminding me that Iv never really grown up . :wink2:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rode out to bikes and coffee this morning about 80 miles round trip, the pipes sound bad a$$ not obnoxiously load at all even when you get on It which was very surprising , I do have the cat still in place.

I tried taking a sound bite on my phone but the wind was blowing so bad It was hard to make out the sound , Ill dig out the go pro and try It again .

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
They look a treat! I dig them for sure.

You went riding yesterday?! Man - that must have been a cold windy ride!!!! (was way windy for me, I'm about an hour from you).

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
They look a treat! I dig them for sure.

You went riding yesterday?! Man - that must have been a cold windy ride!!!! (was way windy for me, I'm about an hour from you).

Going there was comfortable about 49f , coming home the temp dropped to about 38f and yeah the wind kicked up pretty bad . I was hanging on to those handle bars for dear life . :surprise:

muensterDeath when the weather get a little warmer maybe we should meet up half way somewhere for a cold one and a bite to eat .

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Going there was comfortable about 49f , coming home the temp dropped to about 38f and yeah the wind kicked up pretty bad . I was hanging on to those handle bars for dear life . :surprise:

muensterDeath when the weather get a little warmer maybe we should meet up half way somewhere for a cold one and a bite to eat .
Yup, we will absolutely do that. Somewhere on Route 17 would be the half way mix, unless you know better back road with food/brew stops. I am not familiar with many of the roads down in that area..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup, we will absolutely do that. Somewhere on Route 17 would be the half way mix, unless you know better back road with food/brew stops. I am not familiar with many of the roads down in that area..

When the time comes we can check out the where and when . :wink2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts