Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four weeks after buying my Bobber, I’m done with the mods for now..0:)

Forward controls
Tec Defat
Headers wrapped
Mini indicators
Shorty front mudguard
Motone pullback bar raisers
Rear rack
Saddle bag
Seat
Plastidipped intake covers...

Just been for my first short ride, and I’m pretty sure the Forward controls are gonna work fine with my crappy knees....
Just need some nice weather now.:smile2: I’m gonna make the most of this bike whilst I still can

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Four weeks after buying my Bobber, I’m done with the mods for now..0:)

Forward controls
Tec Defat
Headers wrapped
Mini indicators
Shorty front mudguard
Motone pullback bar raisers
Rear rack
Saddle bag
Seat
Plastidipped intake covers...

Just been for my first short ride, and I’m pretty sure the Forward controls are gonna work fine with my crappy knees....
Just need some nice weather now.:smile2: I’m gonna make the most of this bike whilst I still can

She’s looking great :)

I have to say I’m very tempted by the short indicators that you have fitted but the satin finish around them just doesn’t quite work to my eye... no offence bro. Having looked over them... do you think it would be easy enough to turn them black?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She’s looking great :)

I have to say I’m very tempted by the short indicators that you have fitted but the satin finish around them just doesn’t quite work to my eye... no offence bro. Having looked over them... do you think it would be easy enough to turn them black?
you could easily plastidip them:smile2:

In fact you’ve given me an idea, I suspect I’ll match t(em up to my intake covers:nerd::grin2:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Looks good!!

I'm thinking hard about that rear rack . . . but I'm afraid to drill my fender. :|

Did you have to remove the front wheel/tire to install that front fender?

·
Registered
602 Posts
****, looking good but thou has invoked the million to one chance (which comes up 9 times out of 10) that you will be modding something else having stated 'i'm Done!'

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good!!

I'm thinking hard about that rear rack . . . but I'm afraid to drill my fender. :|

Did you have to remove the front wheel/tire to install that front fender?
Yes...but my forward control mounting bar, makes the ideal jacking point so front wheel removal was a breeze:smile2:

****, looking good but thou has invoked the million to one chance (which comes up 9 times out of 10) that you will be modding something else having stated 'i'm Done!'
Hence the I’m done for “now” title:wink2::wink2: I’m sure there’ll be something else:smile2:

I’ve been looking into Plasti Dip recently. Have you just been using an aerosol?
Yes... I buy from www.fulldip.co.uk

I tried some stuff off eBay but it was rubbish, and more expensive...but not had any trouble with fulldip:nerd::nerd:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yes...but my forward control mounting bar, makes the ideal jacking point so front wheel removal was a breeze:smile2:

Hence the I’m done for “now” title:wink2::wink2: I’m sure there’ll be something else:smile2:

Yes... I buy from www.fulldip.co.uk

I tried some stuff off eBay but it was rubbish, and more expensive...but not had any trouble with fulldip:nerd::nerd:
Really appreciate the info... I’ll have look ;)

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Looks really great so far! I'm going to look into the TEC "defat" kit over the winter. Dropping 20lbs or more will make me that much faster! Now that you guys are talking about Winter projects, I'm starting to regret giving me bike to the dealership until Spring. I wonder if the black trim ring on the Bobber Black headlight is the one Triumph offers for $60 as an accessory, but never show a picture for.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ysoslo. Ibe got the triumph headlight bezel. It's predominantly black but has some machines silver inlays and in my opinion looks really good. I've also just fitted the indicators from Triumph as pictured and together with the bezel I personally think the amount of chrome look is perfect. Just breaks up the Black a little but not to much.

Also, the light bezel is very well made. A real quality accessory.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Enoch. Your bikes looking great. Very similar to mine however I've got the matter and no exhaust wrap.
As above. Have a look at the headlight bezel from Troumph. Goes great with the indicators you've fitted.

Triumph just need to come out with a matching rear light that mounts to the existing bracket and I'll be a happy man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts