Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from Essex in the UK...

Started biking in 1971 (Victoria Vicky Moped, Honda C100 (pushrod), CZ 175, Yam RD200 DX, Kawasaki Z400.. bit of a gap then Yamaha XVS 650, MZ ETZ251, Kawasaki GTR1000 (Concours)(1989), Kawasaki GTR1000 (2002), Guzzi Norge, Guzzi Stelvio NTX.

Cartilage problem in left knee and surgery last year has left me in difficulty slinging my leg over the Stelvio (loved both Guzzi's to death). Started looking at a more "feet forward" ride, and last week was introduced to the new Speedmaster at Ling's in Ipswich, had a test ride, and was smitten. Took the lady wife up yesterday to check for pillion comfort and ease of getting on (knee issues as well), big thumbs up, deposit paid.

Jet Black with Highway pack (minus those pig ugly get in the way bags) and footboards. Delivery in May/June. Can't wait...

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Looking forward to seeing some pics and ride reports.

Hopefully you´ll get your bike sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

Cartilage problem in left knee and surgery last year has left me in difficulty slinging my leg over the Stelvio (loved both Guzzi's to death). Started looking at a more "feet forward" ride, and last week was introduced to the new Speedmaster at Ling's in Ipswich, had a test ride, and was smitten. Took the lady wife up yesterday to check for pillion comfort and ease of getting on (knee issues as well), big thumbs up, deposit paid.
The Bobbers and the Speedmaster seem to be the bike of choice for people with knee and/or back problems. That's why I bought my Bobber. But, hey, I'm still riding. :wink2:

I'm worse than you. I couldn't swing my leg over the Speedmaster. :frown2:

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

Started biking in 1971 (Victoria Vicky Moped, Honda C100 (pushrod), CZ 175, Yam RD200 DX, Kawasaki Z400.. bit of a gap then Yamaha XVS 650, MZ ETZ251, Kawasaki GTR1000 (Concours)(1989), Kawasaki GTR1000 (2002), Guzzi Norge, Guzzi Stelvio NTX.

Jet Black with Highway pack (minus those pig ugly get in the way bags) and footboards. Delivery in May/June. Can't wait...
Dang. You sound like me. I started biking in 1976. I had to get rid of a BMW R nineT and a Triumph Scrambler because I couldn't sling my leg over them . . . hence the Bobber Black. Only difference is that my wife won't ride with me. :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts