Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been into modifying cars for Autocross, I'm intimately aware of warranty issues when working with car dealers. My Subaru and Nissan dealers have given me crap about exhausts, cold-air intakes and ECU remapping and refused warranty even when my mods had nothing to do with what was happening with the car.

Is Triumph like this? How are local dealers? Does it depend upon the dealer?

I ask because I read about forum users intalling PowerCommanders, de-catting, going for air box deletion, etc. Is it that you don't care about the warranty, or are motorcycle companies and dealers less likely to be jerks about this kind of thing?

·
Registered
792 Posts
There will be issues if modded bikes blow up or barf. Most don't think it will happen, some don't care, some don't know. I have my stock parts to put back on if the worst happens!>:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
There will be issues if modded bikes blow up or barf. Most don't think it will happen, some don't care, some don't know. I have my stock parts to put back on if the worst happens!>:)

+1 Most of the dealer staff who have a Triumph bike do exactly the same as what we do anyway. As long as you have a good rapport with your dealer and neither you nor him or "complicated guys" (insert own term here, lol), you will be fine.>:)

Now mod away, there should be NO two Bobbers the same anyway. Everyone should be splashing their individuality on the bikes, that's what makes the Bobber one of best (if not, the best) bikes out there. :grin2:

However there is one caveat, just don't go fitting NOx Gas and a big fat turbo (or two) and you will be fine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 35 year career in dealership automotive service. It's always the dealership that initiated any warranty issues to the manufacturer. So it's really in your dealerships hands. If they do the mods most likely you will have no worries. It's best to stay in their good graces.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If the bike does catastrophically fail,jut pull off the new zorst and pop the original back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts