Triump Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have had my brown statement seat for almost 2 years now. i still love it, and maybe one of the few who actually find it comfortable. it just hit me how much the leather has changed over time from when it was brand new. i did apply some leather conditioner here and there (but not on a regular basis). but you can see how the leather has aged. don't know if this is good-aging or bad-aging. anyways, i do like how it's developed some "character" then when it was new. probably a combination of the sun, and the friction of my bony-butt wearing away at the seat. anybody else experiencing this wear on the statement seats?

i never really took a closeup photo of my seat when it was new, but attaching an image from online to show how smooth and even it originally is.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
That’s aniline dyed leather and it’s topcoat is failing. Get some leather protection cream on that seat and apply more every couple months. Those little cracks you see are going to let water and moisture into the leather and cause more damage.

·
Super Moderator
3,351 Posts
I also really like how it has aged, but it definitely needs some protection/leather nourisher.
I´ll post a pic later of the product i use on my leather seats.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Love the look of the seat. But some conditioning would definitely help the leather to live a long a useful life. 💪
I use Chamberlain leather products. Does a beautiful job of cleaning and conditioning. I also hear great things about Leather Honey products. Once, twice every 6 months or so. For a seat, probably takes about a minute.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts