Triumph Bobber Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
It's rare to see a Triumph, much less a Bobber 50 mi north of Dallas. It could be that the Bobbers are being used as living room art in the cities, much like the advertisements make them out to be.
50 miles North of Dallas puts you about 20 miles out to sea close to the Moray Firth!

That said, i love in London and commute to work daily and turn in a few miles for fun every week and have also seen about zero other bobbers on the road, **** I have seen about 10,000% more old Honda 750/4 chops about lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know for a fact I’m the only one with one here in Panama - few other people putting orders in though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
I saw 2 this weekend.

One Saturday morning which, I think, may have been Jack Lilley's rusty bobber custom as it looked brown. I was in the car at the time, so didn't signal or anything.

Then, on Sunday morning, I saw the Number 59 Jack Lilley custom on the road to Hampton Court. As I was on my bike, I gave a jaunty wave and got a nod back.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I saw 2 this weekend.

One Saturday morning which, I think, may have been Jack Lilley's rusty bobber custom as it looked brown. I was in the car at the time, so didn't signal or anything.

Then, on Sunday morning, I saw the Number 59 Jack Lilley custom on the road to Hampton Court. As I was on my bike, I gave a jaunty wave and got a nod back.
I was called by my dealership today to say that my Bobber Black has arrived and did I want to come and have a look. When I got there my salesman kept on saying your lucky you ordered it when you did or you would have been waiting for some time to get one. He then mentioned that I was the first to get mine through them.

Odd I thought as he has told me 6 weeks ago when I put the order in that I needed to hurry because so many had placed an order already.

I know he was only doing his job and truth be told I didn’t need selling to at all... I’d already made my mind up to by one. Does make me think though.... given that I’ve never seen one out on the road... are there really that many of them being sold? lol

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I was called by my dealership today to say that my Bobber Black has arrived and did I want to come and have a look. When I got there my salesman kept on saying your lucky you ordered it when you did or you would have been waiting for some time to get one. He then mentioned that I was the first to get mine through them.

Odd I thought as he has told me 6 weeks ago when I put the order in that I needed to hurry because so many had placed an order already.

I know he was only doing his job and truth be told I didn’t need selling to at all... I’d already made my mind up to by one. Does make me think though.... given that I’ve never seen one out on the road... are there really that many of them being sold? lol
I had ordered mine over the phone in Dec. 2016. Mine was the 1st one to arrive at the dealer. They had to quickly put a "sold - do not sit on" sign on it. They told me I was the 1st to order it, but after that they had received more orders.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I ordered mine in November of '16. I was the first of 6 he received. All are gone and I know he sold at least one '18 Black and has a red one in the showroom now! It seems odd that it outsold the Street Twin but I think the Bobber's sales record was for the first 3 months IIRC.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I saw one yesterday :laugh:
the guy was with his wife;she, on a T120.

I was at the terrace of a tea room,they parked next to mine. the license plates said that the bikes came from the same shop as mine.
I was the only one at the terrace with a helmet on the table.
they sat at the table next mine. I said hello ..0:)
I'm still waiting for the answer ...>:)
I should not be good enough for them.no matter ..:grin2:

when I left the tea room, I went to greet them and told them that it was dangerous to ride a motorcycle while being deaf. the guy said to me:

-"how's that deaf, I do not understand!"

and I answer him:

- "I am delighted to see that your hearing is functional and that if you have not answered my good morning it is simply because you are not polite."

the guy felt all stupid and if he had moved ..
I was standing, he was sit:wink2: ..
and he would have taken my helmet in the head before he moved his big ass.0:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haven’t seen one around Melbourne. All three of the dealers I visited had bikes in stock and I got a couple of grand off the list price - got the feeling that they were not selling many.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Triumph’s best selling bike EVER but as rare as rocking-horse poop on the road? I think I've solved it, well in the the UK at least they’re all on Ebay. I’ve just done a quick count and there’s over 50 nearly new low mileage Bobbers on the site. It would seem people are buying them not riding them much and putting them up for sale! :surprise:

·
Registered
196 Posts
saw one today parked on a traffic island downtown Frankfurt, first one I saw out in the wild, that's outside a dealer's shop. Best selling Triumph in 2017 in Germany though, 746 units...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Feldberg

saw one today parked on a traffic island downtown Frankfurt, first one I saw out in the wild, that's outside a dealer's shop. Best selling Triumph in 2017 in Germany though, 746 units...
Hé Chef,
I met another bobber (97 model I think Frankfurt registered) on the Feldberg about 1,5 weeks ago, could be the same you saw (or could have been you), guess not , ...“62“
Cu
Léon

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I actually forgot to mention... I spotted my first one around 5 miles out of Ashford, on Ham Lane last week on Friday.

I had been out for a ride and was sat outside of the pub enjoying a nice ice cold pint... of orange juice and lemonade:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
:wink2:Hi y'all - joined Motorcycle Action Group ride from ACE cafe last Saturday - rode through London - saw no other Bobbers! Got a thumbs up from a police officer, clenched fist of approval from bloke crossing road at traffic lights, and a group of HD riders surrounded the bike at the ACE - all were in tears because they didn't have one!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hé Chef,
I met another bobber (97 model I think Frankfurt registered) on the Feldberg about 1,5 weeks ago, could be the same you saw (or could have been you), guess not , ...“62“
Cu
Léon

in feldberg ..10 days ago ..maybe it was mine ...:D
it about 1 hour from home.I like to go there and stop at Brisach for a drink :grin2: before backing home.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts