Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bobber Black liking it just traded in Thruxton little bit of a culture shock seat hard pegs scrape down a lot got fox suspension struggling to get right setting, total soft is good but doesn’t allow me to go fast over bumps. I’m a fat ******* so it will take some wearing out

·
Registered
509 Posts
First , welcome to the forum!

As a bigger guy (likely bigger than you , but who knows) , I am shelving the Fox shock and a Wilbur is currently being constructed in Germany to accommodate my size. I have about 4 thousand or so miles on the Fox , and it just doesn't cut it. I think the 250lb and less crowd , the Fox is solid money , but the bigger boys need preloadable springs.

I have a Bobber black as well , and don't mind dragging the pegs when the mood strikes.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Hope you sort your suspender issues. But probably Wilbers will be the way to go to get a proper set up for you. Should be easy to sell a lightly used Fox shock - cause as B.B. said, they are an excellent shock too...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Seems like a lot of "big" guys riding Bobbers on this forum (I'm not even close to being one of them), so there's lots of good advice here to take advantage of. Congrats on your BB.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi, welcome here!
I have the Wilbers shock in black, and also the front fork springs and Wilbers own SAE 7.5 fork oil.

If your bike is the standard Bobber, I seriously recommend going the full monty and getting the upgrade for the forks as well.
You'll be very glad you did, believe me! It's an extra 160.00 euros, but a good investment.

You can PM me anytime with any questions.

Cheers!
mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts