Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Moderator(s),

.....how do I put ‘likes’ onto other members posts? I cannot find the ‘like’ icon....

....and how do I add a photo to a thread?......I cannot find any guidance instructions.....

.....as you may well guess, I am ‘old school’.....more ‘oily hands’ than ‘silicon valley’.....so need a bit of help please,

Cheers,

Billybobber

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
Bottom RH in the post - hypertext "like"

Reactions: Billybobber#1

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey welcome Billy Bob.

The like is bottom right, see image.

For the photos, either put them onto the desk top and drag them into the "drag files here to attach" box, or have 2 windows open, one for the forum and one for the photos and then drag them over, also see image.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,132 Posts
Yep, it's caught me out a few times when I've used other computers. If you're not logged in, you can still see all the posts, but you can't make replies, post new posts or like existing posts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the feedback......got the ‘likes’ licked!?......

.....I use the Forum from my iPad.....just do not seem able to get the photo ‘drag and drop’ to work on here.....is it only possible on a desk top computer? ?

Cheers,

Billybobber

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Panniers

Hi Mike,

I got the panniers off EBay....£47 delivered from India....only took 4 days to arrive!!!.....made from goat skin....and they are lined!,

They were a lighter tan colour but I dyed them darker to match the saddle and lathered them with horse harness waterproofing grease so they stay reasonably dry inside.

I had to buy the Triumph Bobber pannier mounting rails to put them on.....they were too big to just hang off the swinging cage.....plus any extra weight put on the swinging cage has a negative effect on the rear suspension......anyway all in, it cost me £155......considering even the titchy tiny Triumph swinging arm bags costs about £185 and you would struggle to fit even a folded up hanky into it ....I reckon I did all right.........and don’t even mention the larger Triumph panniers....well over £500....they are not even waterproof and you have to spend another 30 quid to get rain cover for them!!!......and, they are not even all leather!!!

I have a two litre bike specific plastic Jerry Can that I carry easily in one of the bags with plenty of room to spare so no fuel neurosis issues on a longer run any more! the other bags has bits, bobs and a tool roll that contains more than just an Allen key in it!

The mounting rails look terrible (in my opinion) in chrome so rather than paint them black.....as the panniers would rub the paint off.....I wrapped them with black insulating tape.....they blend in nicely now and do not stick out like a sore thumb!....if the tape ever wears it’s easily repaired.

Cheers,

Billybobber

1 - 9 of 9 Posts