Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings Lads & Lasses,

Let me preface this thread/poll by saying I'm not at all wealthy. My wife and I work for ourselves and enjoy the freedoms that come with that but at the same time our finances can often be rather limiting. That said I was able to fulfill a dream and purchase my Bobber in cash. I sold a rare antique knife which funded the bulk of the purchase and along with the sale of a couple of vintage guns found all the funds needed.

Having owned many bikes which normally had to be financed in some way, it was a moment to savor when I threw down all those thousands of dollars and road out on my new Bobber - all mine and all paid for..:grin2:

I mentioned to the dealership's owner that this was a big deal for me as I'm not a wealthy man. His replay was it was a big deal to him too as no one had ever done that before! This took me by surprise somewhat. Being a 'cash' only type of chap, I guess I'm getting to be in the minority.

So if it's not too much of a personal question, how did You pay for your Bobber?

My wife just said one of the options should have been 'mind your own business'..:surprise:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
604 Posts
PCP (Personal Contract Purchase) - actual cost, dunno unless i dig out the paperwork, px the tiger sport in, rode out on the bobber, same monthly payment :p paid about £500 on top for goodies and a fox shock on top of that

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done gents,

These lovely bikes certainly have inspired us to go all out to get one by whatever means was available.

A testament to the modern classic I believe they will be.

I have long been disappointed with modern vehicles, just no soul, not so with the 'classic' Triumph Bonneville Bobber..!

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I paid $18K with a check.
Yes I know, Chile is an expensive country.
I think with the extras I ordered mine came out to around $17,500

It's amazing how all those extras plus the dealers add ons all add up. I think it would have been over $18,000 but I was able to squeeze a $500 cash discount and some % off the extras.

I'm thrilled with the bike regardless of the price. I can't recall when I loved riding a bike more..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
136 Posts
I Tried To Pay Cash But Due to Government (Big Brother) The Dealer Required Some Paid By Card (Direct Debit) So They Have A Record Of Me Spending, Something To Do With Money Laundering.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Things are a little funkier at my house. "The House" = the family budget, covered the cost of the basic bike with some money down and a bit of a loan. All of the accessories were paid in cash by me out of my "fun money" aka overtime pay from work, account.

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
There's been a recent poll in the UK in a car magazine (What Car), which found that the readership were totally at odds with the market as a whole where c. 80% of cars are purchased on PCP... the reader group were 65% cash.

Rules in the UK about money laundering too, so you can't do a single transaction for >£10,000

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
In my motor trade days I delivered a car to an Italian restaurant owning family (top of the range Volvo 760) and they paid the balance in used £5 and £10 notes... £9,000... Crikey, that was in the old days when the 760 cost the same as my Speedmaster!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Traded the street triple for £5K and payed the remaining £5K using internet banking, who still uses cash these days - other than you lot ;-)

When I bought my Ducati Monster, I tested it in the morning, got back from the test, asked for the best price - 8000chf (swiss francs), walked down to the bank at the end of the street, they gave me 8 * 1000chf notes, folded them up and walked back to give to the man.
1000chf = £500 back then - 2008
1000chf = £750 now.

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
Traded the street triple for £5K and payed the remaining £5K using internet banking, who still uses cash these days - other than you lot ;-)

When I bought my Ducati Monster, I tested it in the morning, got back from the test, asked for the best price - 8000chf (swiss francs), walked down to the bank at the end of the street, they gave me 8 * 1000chf notes, folded them up and walked back to give to the man.
1000chf = £500 back then - 2008
1000chf = £750 now.
Totally agree! Nasty stuff cash... I wonder when they do discounts for not paying cash? the costs of cash handling are enormous in the UK...

Reactions: gfspencer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
£12,900 cash monies... I don’t buy brand new all too often but didn’t want to wait for the Bobber Blacks to become available as I’d have missed the riding season. And what an amazing seasons it’s been weather wise so far!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts