Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above. I'm still having issues with a slightly left exhaust, which is hopefully down to a faulty gasket. However, when fitting the xpipe, the left side bolt on the clamp for the cat/xpipe and exhaust is pretty much touching the frame. I assume it isn't supposed to be like this, but from other peoples experience, how close is the bolt to the frame normally? Pictures would help if you have them

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
As above. I'm still having issues with a slightly left exhaust, which is hopefully down to a faulty gasket. However, when fitting the xpipe, the left side bolt on the clamp for the cat/xpipe and exhaust is pretty much touching the frame. I assume it isn't supposed to be like this, but from other peoples experience, how close is the bolt to the frame normally? Pictures would help if you have them
My clamp is about 1/2” away from the frame rail. I’ve got forward controls so you can see the original mounting point for my stock pegs..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had another look today. There is no way that the xpipe is centred to the bike, or the left and right sides are marginally different lengths. I can get a socket on the right hand side ones easily enough, but not even slightly on the left ones. I've checked on a parts diagram and all the mountings appear to have gone on the correct way. Gaskets have been ordered too, so that will hopefully sort that out.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I've had another look today. There is no way that the xpipe is centred to the bike, or the left and right sides are marginally different lengths. I can get a socket on the right hand side ones easily enough, but not even slightly on the left ones. I've checked on a parts diagram and all the mountings appear to have gone on the correct way. Gaskets have been ordered too, so that will hopefully sort that out.
On my bike... the X pipe is more to the left than the right. I can just get a socket on the clamp but it’s close to the frame.

On the right hand side, I can get a socket on easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts