Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the indicator lights up ...everything is fine, I know that the next gas pump is not too far ..
no luck .. when I get there .. she is down.:crying:
when I find another one:
this is the result >:)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:laugh:

9,1l ( if Triumph is right) - 6,91l = 2,19L 0:)

when the computer tells me that I can still do almost 40 km ..it's not too far from the truth ..
I am a player. (idiot?)
next time .. i'm trying ...:wink2:
and I'll take a picture of me pushing the bike :grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Yup. I don’t trust the fuel gauge either (probably due to the shape of the tank).
So even if I *know* I have spare, I refuel anyway at ~150km

·
Registered
548 Posts
How about these figures, all in miles.
Finished a 120 mile round trip.
Counted down past 1 and got the dashes.
Added 8.97 litres.
Not the plan, had a sweat on, but the 1 did go off as I pulled into the petrol station.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Added 8.97 litres.
Not the plan, had a sweat on, but the 1 did go off as I pulled into the petrol station.
Definitely a cold sweat moment :surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
It's reassuring to me to see that people are getting decent mileage. According my math (174.2km/6.91ltrs = 25.2km per ltr), PFEN had no need to worry. Brigstocksbobber came in at 21.65km per ltr, so not too far off. I'm sure riding style effects things a bit too, but it's great to know that riding with a spare fuel can ensures a range of at least 200km or 120 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Added 8.97 litres.
Wow! Way to push it to the limit! :grin2:

Also, WOW is fuel expensive for you guys! This same fill-up in my area of Minnesota would have been $5.55.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have done 127 miles on mine. I was close to home and knew where all the open gas stations were. I had a few tenths of a gallon left in the tank according to the pump. I don't get nervous till 110 miles unless I'm in really unfamiliar sparse territory or late at nite etc.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yes it is expensive, loads of tax on it, I love being in the states and filling up large fuel tanks for bugger all.
Only saving grace is its only £10 of the good stuff to get over 100 miles in.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I 1st got my license at 17 when I was living in England. Sometimes I filled up on the economy, sometimes on the base with rations, huge difference. That and cigarettes.

When gas and smokes prices started going up here in the US, I remember thinking it's still cheaper than when I was in the UK (off base), and that was like 10 years after I had moved back.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am getting nervous with more than 180 km after last refill, currently the display says 4.4l/100 kms so in theory I can do about 200 kms...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Let left

Big cojones in this forum !! >:)
Me...less than 2 lines on the fuel guage and i start to get nervous :p
You definately are a nervous type

Cu
Léon

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm becoming a master at 'last Minute' fuel stops, usually hit the (closer to work than home) on the way home and generally get about 8.5 to 8.6L in each time, from a guesstimate once it hits 'Zero' you have about 3/4L left

1 - 18 of 18 Posts