Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings Lads & Lasses,

I just fitted a Denali horn to my bike. Seems fine, although it's a bit early to lay on it, so will give it a go when I'm out of town.

It was cheap as chips, so an easy upgrade.

Just wondering what everyone else is running for horns just in case I change my mind?

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

Registered
Greetings Lads & Lasses,

I just fitted a Denali horn to my bike. Seems fine, although it's a bit early to lay on it, so will give it a go when I'm out of town.

It was cheap as chips, so an easy upgrade.

Just wondering what everyone else is running for horns just in case I change my mind?

Cheerio,

Roy
I have the same one and it definitely gets peoples attention, only thing I've noticed is it seems to draw a lot of power, It just clicks unless the bike is running.

Attachments

Registered
I鈥檓 using the Fiamm 72112 Freeway Blaster low note horn. Got it for $15. It鈥檚 a direct swap and works great with no problems when the bike isn鈥檛 running. I鈥檝e been using Fiamm on all my bikes for years. I usually pair this with the high note horn (using relay) but there鈥檚 not a lot of space to hide a second horn on the bike (maybe the opposing right side). The Denali looks identical to the Fiamm.

Registered
Running the Denali also. Haven't ever had a need to use it on the road and would prefer I don't. But, nice to know it's there to let someone know I'm here.

Registered
I鈥檓 using the Fiamms as well. High and low, mounted opposite sides. No relay involved. The short time you blow the horn, I do not believe it鈥檚 needed. Been on for all this year and probably only blew the horn 20 times just to say hi! No wiring issues.

Registered
I鈥檓 using the Fiamms as well. High and low, mounted opposite sides. No relay involved. The short time you blow the horn, I do not believe it鈥檚 needed. Been on for all this year and probably only blew the horn 20 times just to say hi! No wiring issues.
No relay? Did you just wire them serially? It鈥檚 seriously loud with both - love it.

Premium Member
I just ordered the Fiamms (hi and low) after the Denali did nothing to scare a deer standing 10ft off the road on my ride today. Revving the motor did more to scare it off than the single low-tone horn. I was pleasantly surprised to see that both the hi and low horns together cost less than the single Denali. Can't wait to see how they sound after the install.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #12
I just ordered the Fiamms (hi and low) after the Denali did nothing to scare a deer standing 10ft off the road on my ride today. Revving the motor did more to scare it off than the single low-tone horn. I was pleasantly surprised to see that both the hi and low horns together cost less than the single Denali. Can't wait to see how they sound after the install.
When you get them installed mate, post some pics?

Cheerio,

Roy

Registered
Now I鈥檓 getting me a Fiamm high note to add to my low note horn. It鈥檚 seriously loud on my other bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts