Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the horn for a louder one? Who makes one that easily fits this bike? Sorry for the petty questions...I’m a new rider who just bought one and I wants a very loud horn that fits the bike perfectly. Suggestions are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I agree with Jerrman.
Have A&J set you up with a SoundBomb.
Plenty loud enough.
I also find extra lighting helps other drivers pay more attention to bikes. Maybe @AandJCycles can install some small/unobtrusive DRL auxiliary lights to give you “triangle” shaped lighting?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have the Fiamm low tone on my Bobber and it’s a simple swap. I also installed the low and high tone Fiamm on my Ducati Cafe Racer (much louder with both) but it requires a relay/fuse and direct battery connection.

I’d recommend pointing the horn downward and not forward. I originally had a Soundbomb installed, facing forward, and rode through some rain and it stopped working. It did not like being wet. The Fiamm seems to be better (or facing downward is helping). Either option is better than stock

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I’ve got the sound bomb mini, but made a new bracket so it fits just above the fan, out of sight, and not disrupting air flow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Installed it yesterday, Denali Soundbomb "airhorn", lets see if it can handle the heat (as you can tell, i love black/red color combo)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I’ve got the sound bomb mini, but made a new bracket so it fits just above the fan, out of sight, and not disrupting air flow.
Do you have any Pictures?

I just ordered one today, and was looking to try and relocate it to a less obvious spot.
It’s hard to see in these pictures but it’s out of sight. I used to have it in the stock position but did not like the look. I’ve ridden a lot since moving it, and it holds up to the heat, even in traffic.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
It’s hard to see in these pictures but it’s out of sight. I used to have it in the stock position but did not like the look. I’ve ridden a lot since moving it, and it holds up to the heat, even in traffic.
I definitely prefer this hidden mounting, it does look pretty ugly if visible. I don’t suppose you took a pic of the bracket you made before mounting? I’d like to follow your lead a tuck it out of site

·
Registered
149 Posts
I definitely prefer this hidden mounting, it does look pretty ugly if visible. I don’t suppose you took a pic of the bracket you made before mounting? I’d like to follow your lead a tuck it out of site
I don’t remember, but I think it either came with a couple thin pieces of metal, or it was apiece I found in my garage. I loosened the radiator bolts so it was easier to twist the horn into place, and found a place where it wasn’t blocking air flow.

I then started trimming and bending the metal into place, and mounted to the top fan bolt.

Here’s a picture closer to how it’s mounted.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts