1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I found nice homologated x-pipe:
https://boxup.de/p/x-pipe-triumph-artikel-nr-mte120

Does anybody use this ?
I'm pretty sure it's non-homologated x-pipe. I haven't seen an aftermarket x-pipe that was!

I am in the process of buying one as well but A&J Cycles are out of the Motone X-Pipe Lite version. This one is the lightest I've seen that doesn't require brackets to hold it in place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will email to them, but check image, it's made from pressed steel sheet and not from pipe, so i'm pretty sure that is homologated >:)
Also check width, 2x pipes are wider than this from center.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I’m also pretty sure that any xpipe isn’t homologated & won’t pass emissions regulations.
You can buy homologated exhaust pipes, but decat xpipe? Never seen one.

Do keep us informed though. Would be interesting if it is homologated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m also pretty sure that any xpipe isn’t homologated & won’t pass emissions regulations.
You can buy homologated exhaust pipes, but decat xpipe? Never seen one.

Do keep us informed though. Would be interesting if it is homologated.
Agree. Here's the website for free spirits:

https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en/x-pipe-de-cat-for-triumph-street-twin-street-cup-bonneville-t100-bonneville-t120-bobber-speedmaster-thruxton-1200-r-standard.html

Same pipe, states you will loose homo.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I will email to them, but check image, it's made from pressed steel sheet and not from pipe, so i'm pretty sure that is homologated >:)
Also check width, 2x pipes are wider than this from center.
The method of manufacture is irrelevant, if it hasn't got a catalyst it won't pass the Euro 4 regulations. So it can't be homologated and is illegal to fit in most countries.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Method of manufacture is relevant !!! I don't want to loose original homologated design where back pressure equalized.

Now ladies and gentleman the answer from Boxup:
Hello,
The pipes inside are not separate.
Regards Reiner
Einen angenehmen Tag wünscht Ihnen das Boxup Team

So what is conclusion ……..>:)>:)>:)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Method of manufacture is relevant !!! I don't want to loose original homologated design where back pressure equalized.

Now ladies and gentleman the answer from Boxup:
Hello,
The pipes inside are not separate.
Regards Reiner
Einen angenehmen Tag wünscht Ihnen das Boxup Team

So what is conclusion ……..>:)>:)>:)
It means they should be in politics.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It´s very simple (and exactly as mentioned above by previous posters): an X-pipe will never get a homologation, because it has no cat in it. Isn´t the whole sense behind an X-pipe getting rid of the cat? On top of that: it says nothing about homologation in the product description. So what would lead you to think it would be homologated?

·
Registered
221 Posts
It´s very simple (and exactly as mentioned above by previous posters): an X-pipe will never get a homologation, because it has no cat in it. Isn´t the whole sense behind an X-pipe getting rid of the cat? On top of that: it says nothing about homologation in the product description. So what would lead you to think it would be homologated?

here, here...........
We are somewhat fortunate (Bobber +) that we are able to conceal our blatant intent to deceive in that the X-pipes are discretely hidden by the stone guard and frame cross brace. For all intents and purposes all appears by design as unmolested nor compromised.

And then there is always that chance of Officer 'Plod' from the fun police pulling you over for a random emissions compliance check, sticking his EPA probe up your Vance & Hines. You could always plead ignorance and claim it left the dealer showroom as OEM :rolleyes: .........Good luck with that one!

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Hi Ivx,

Its impossible to remove the catalyst and remain in compliance with emissions standards. If it was possible, Triumph simply wouldn't fit a catalyst in the first place.

These guys are giving you guff.

- Pasta

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Ivx,

Its impossible to remove the catalyst and remain in compliance with emissions standards. If it was possible, Triumph simply wouldn't fit a catalyst in the first place.

These guys are giving you guff.

- Pasta
Yep, but i never said that i want emissions to pass. I said that i wanted homologated not left/right exhaust physically separated x-pipe :grin2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
What does a homologated exhaust mean?

Homologation means*that the*exhaust*meets the legal requirements of sound limit, making it fully legal to be ridden on the streets without taking the risk of getting a penalty from the authorities.

X-PIPES ARE NOT HOMOLOGATED.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Precisely Eric. Homologation means that they tested one bike, or a small batch of bikes, and those bikes passed all appropriate standards (light beam distribution patterns, noise, emissions and so on. Production bikes are then not individually tested to ensure compliance: if they are built the same way, they should pass the same tests. Hence its not possible to simply remove a major part of the emissions control (in this case) and still be in compliance with the legal standards, because if it was, they would not need that part to achieve certification for the road.

The x-pipe may be a perfect fit, it may look the part and so on, but a bike so equipped would not pass the emissions standards, so it is not a homologated part.

- Pasta

·
Registered
13 Posts
Precisely Eric. Homologation means that they tested one bike, or a small batch of bikes, and those bikes passed all appropriate standards (light beam distribution patterns, noise, emissions and so on. Production bikes are then not individually tested to ensure compliance: if they are built the same way, they should pass the same tests. Hence its not possible to simply remove a major part of the emissions control (in this case) and still be in compliance with the legal standards, because if it was, they would not need that part to achieve certification for the road.

The x-pipe may be a perfect fit, it may look the part and so on, but a bike so equipped would not pass the emissions standards, so it is not a homologated part.

- Pasta
Boom. Well said! Now let's close this thread!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts