Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your hobbies? (I have a feeling that many of our hobbies are the same.) Mine are -

1. Single Malt Scotch
  2. Motorcycles
  3. Sports Cars
  4. Acoustic Guitars
  5. Photography
Past hobbies -

1. Sailing
  2. Scuba Diving

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
I have always had a passion for knives.

The past 12 years writing & dealing in military knives has become my full time occupation.

I'm not sure I would call it a hobby per-se but very much yes to the single malt, my favorite being Bowmore.

What I would call a hobby is that I collect British Militia Buttons.

Not quite a hobby but sort of I guess but the last few years I have really gotten into cooking. I love great food and was missing recipes I grew up on in England, so decided to start cooking them myself.:grin2: Not much great British food here in the US.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
For me its:
Motorbikes (happy that my son is old enough ride as a passenger with me)
Food/wine/coffee (big foodies in my family!) - we are now discovering the art of Sous Vide style cooking which is fun & delicious.
IPSC open class handgun/shooting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Love the thread!

Couple of my favorites:
1. Motorcycles
2. Precision Handgun (Walther PPQM2 9MM) - pretty new to it, but absolutely love trying to be as precise as possible. 20 yards out, put holes in a nickel and a penny and was stoked!
3. Sporting clays (Currently Mossberg Silver Reserve )
4. Woodsman sporting (chopping wood, axes, etc.)
5. ESports (bit nerdy, but I really enjoy the community and action) bet i'm the only one here that does, too ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Great thread. I quit drinking almost 2 years ago. So that was my big hobby but not anymore. Now I am a new motorcycle rider. I bought the Bobber Black after reading about it. Now I want a BMW 1200 GS to compliment it. My other hobbies are watching college basketball, I’m a big St. John’s University fan. I love to travel with my family and spend time with my girls 13 and 11. I run 7 miles a day at the gym to stay in good shape. I like music and going to concerts. I enjoy good food and going out to dinner too much. I love my job so I enjoy going to work every day and being successful.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Motocross and off-road Racing
Watercraft Racing
Anything fitness and athletic related
Track and field
Watching my kids compete.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I buy and sell and collect watches.
What a cool Mustang and what beautiful horses! I love Mustangs.

I have two Tag Heuer Autavias. I think the oldest Autavia is one of the Viceroy models but my wife bought it for me at a jeweler. Both of them have chrome (stainless steel??) linked bracelets. The older one had a factory refurbish at Heuer. And that is all I know about watches. :wink2:

·
Registered
74 Posts
1. Playing cards
2. Single malt scotch
3. Cars (VW fan but sports car in general!)
4. Ultimate frisbee
5. Cycling (MTB & Road)
6. Good food

Past:

1. Beer home breewing

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
What a cool Mustang and what beautiful horses! I love Mustangs.

I have two Tag Heuer Autavias. I think the oldest Autavia is one of the Viceroy models but my wife bought it for me at a jeweler. Both of them have chrome (stainless steel??) linked bracelets. The older one had a factory refurbish at Heuer. And that is all I know about watches. :wink2:
Autivias are very nice watches. I have a soft spot for Heuer watches as they were what got me interested in the first place...

I have a Steve McQueen re edition Monaco.. the originals are very hard to get and very expensive so a re edition is the next best thing.

I also have a re edition Monza, which I think is my Bobber watch because it’s black..0:)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
What a cracking idea for a thread... like others have mentioned it’s really enjoyable to see what people get up to bikes aside! :)

Okay here’s what I’m into...

1) Motorbikes
2) Racing my Lotus
3) Playing guitar
4) Photography, (formally my profession)
5) Archery - Targets... couldn’t kill a fly without feeling bad about it these days!
6) Drinking whisky, rum or gin whilst watching movies with my beloved wife.

Future hobby - buying a Winnebago come retirement, loading it up with a couple of motorbikes and travelling all over Europe for a few years! :)

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Hi Mike... I did the Euro touring thing a few years back...

I bought a swift Kontiki motorhome, and spent all summer in Spain or France. We took our dogs, and chilled out for months at a time. It was brilliant.:smile2: then the wife got her horses, so I went by myself for a couple of years, but then I decided I’d done that so sold the motorhome:frown2:

I’m tempted to do it again though as it was a great way to spend the summer.:nerd:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts