Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a video but can't upload.

Triumph tried to blame the pads bedding in when it was 500 mile service.

Only happens when last few cm small moments before clutch is all way depressed in.

Going back to them on it

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was in T Glasgow today and now that guys have watched video where fault ( once bike warmed up and well run ) is apparent , even when stationery it's been booked in.

Guy thinks it's the clutch bearing but will need to open full basket and all will be expected to see and all fixed up in warranty

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hpe they get it sorted for you. Silly of them to suggest it was the brakes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hpe they get it sorted for you. Silly of them to suggest it was the brakes.
Yeah . I had only shown service dept videos of the squeak occuring as I slowed to a stop . Obv with clutch in . So they based it on that really

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting bike back in couple of days . Entire clutch basket to be replaced at 2.5k miles

A fault that triumph UK haven't seen before either I'm told by dealer ...

Not ideal bearing damaged and clutch has worn out .

Again 2.5k miles , thankfully all covered under warranty .

Confidence in bike diminished

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Getting bike back in couple of days . Entire clutch basket to be replaced at 2.5k miles

A fault that triumph UK haven't seen before either I'm told by dealer ...

Not ideal bearing damaged and clutch has worn out .

Again 2.5k miles , thankfully all covered under warranty .

Confidence in bike diminished
Glad they got it sorted out for you anyway. Not sure why your confidence is diminished if it's something they've never seen before. Chalk it up to a fluke and call it a thumbs-up that the warranty covered all of it. Time to get that baby back on the road!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Confidence is naturally diminished as I'd expect these kind of faults from my Harley's to be honest , and if it were to crop up on the bobber as it has I wouldn't expect it to be so early on ( quite possibly been riding a defective bike since day one I'm told )

Hey ho I suppose nothing is perfect and these things happen.

Triumph glasgow have the bike until Tuesday when I go to collect. Entire clutch basket and contents replaced and they are testing it out at temp for any leaks etc.

Will update then.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike back today, Triumph Glasgow and the Triumph UK thankfully have covered the work carried out which I'm told was the entire clutch basket and contents. Parts warped , damage, and bearing gone.

A fault unseen before , so in a bizarre way that's a first and I'm happy it didn't result in a mechanical disaster .

I believe a single issue in the clutch basket leads to a kind of domino effect, due to expansion and the heat etc .? As it was there since day 1 I'm glad it's resolved finally.

I'm watching this bike closely now as despite some points raised here, a full clutch job at 2k miles sadly has me worrying over the machines long term quality , ...call me negative ,buy that's the facts.

Regardless bikes been great so far and I hope that continues.

I will do a YT video on the update on my bearded bobber YT page

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts