Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took delivery of my Bobber on 16th March this year.
I had spec’d it with high-bars as the standard bars put too much pressure on my back and I have to be careful as Isuffer with back issues. The high bars provide a perfect sitting position without any pressure on my back.
On the day the bike was delivered to me, the dealer informed me that there would be adelay on the high bars until mid-April.
On 4th April I was told the bars would not be available until 28th April.
Then on 27th April I was told there would be a further delay until 31st May.
Today I have been told there they have now been delayed until 28th July!!!!

Anyone else still waiting?

Anyone got their high bars yet?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, especially as its such an important accessory for you.

A suggestion; why not cancel the order with them and ask member ´TriumphOfCincinnati´ if he can get hold of some and ship them out to you from the US? (as he is a very reputable Triumph dealer)
I can also ask my dealer here in Mallorca if they have any in stock and ready to go - if you want.

The summer in the UK is so short it would be a shame waiting around for the bars!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea. I'll message them. Thanks :smile2:

Would also appreciate you asking your dealer in Mallorca. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
That's a good idea. I'll message them. Thanks :smile2:

Would also appreciate you asking your dealer in Mallorca. :smile2:
Please tell me all the part numbers you need (I'm not in front of a PC now, so I can't see the Triumph parts numbers required for the high bars and cables...)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi eisen77. The part number for the black High Handlebars is A9630250. My dealer here already has the wiring kit. :smile2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, especially as its such an important accessory for you.

A suggestion; why not cancel the order with them and ask member ´TriumphOfCincinnati´ if he can get hold of some and ship them out to you from the US? (as he is a very reputable Triumph dealer)
I can also ask my dealer here in Mallorca if they have any in stock and ready to go - if you want.

The summer in the UK is so short it would be a shame waiting around for the bars!

Thank you for the kind words.

I got an email today from a member and I'm
Working on it right now

Should have an answer tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi 1stGarry.

I went to Triumph & as expected, there is no availability until end of July (28th +).
I hope the US will bear better news !!!

I'll keep my eyes and ears open and if anything shows up here or in Barcelona before the July date, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I also got a call from my dealer. Aparently I was the first US customer to order the Mini Apes. They came in-----BUT they were bent! Dealer did not know when they would be restocked.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Seems funny doesn't it. It seems to me that the simplest accessory to make is a bent piece of pipe. What is the friggin difficulty in supplying these high handlebars?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I took my Bobber in for it's first service yesterday. The dealership had some new Bobbers in getting prepped. One of them had high bars installed. Looks like they might be becoming available in the UK now. Thought of this post when I saw it so I figured I'd let you know.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts