Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just another new guy saying hi. I’m from Spokane Washington and have owned my bobber since June 2017. Followed the forum for awhile and finally thought I should join the conversations.

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome here.
EXcuse me being nosy but is there something on your tank to prevent birds from landing on it?

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome! Like the white lettering, and yes, what is that on the tank? Looks like it could tenderize the chest and stomach nicely!

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Also, do you have different risers on the bike? If so, what size, brand and how well do they play with the clutch and break fluid cables/lines?

Do you have any play in the bar if you push/pull forward and back?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Welcome to the site! Love the look of your bike. That white lettering on the tires is making me consider giving it a shot. How well has it held up? Do you have to touch it up often?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, do you have different risers on the bike? If so, what size, brand and how well do they play with the clutch and break fluid cables/lines?

Do you have any play in the bar if you push/pull forward and back?
They’re riser extensions 3”, the Triumph dealer found them for me, so not sure of the brand. I did have to move the clutch and brake cables to the outside of forks. There’s no play in the bar, and they work great for a little less stress on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the site! Love the look of your bike. That white lettering on the tires is making me consider giving it a shot. How well has it held up? Do you have to touch it up often?
The paint holds up pretty good. It does need touch up about once a season. It’s definitely not easy but I’m a sucker for white letter sidewalls. I used an oil based sharpie from Office Depot. Be sure to wash and scotch brite the letters before you start or the paint will crack. I also painted the cobra gold, just cause.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
They’re riser extensions 3”, the Triumph dealer found them for me, so not sure of the brand. I did have to move the clutch and brake cables to the outside of forks. There’s no play in the bar, and they work great for a little less stress on the back.
Holy cow. Looking at the pic, I am trying to understand how they are mounted. It looks like you still have the stock bar clamp, and the risers are running of the back bolts of it?

More pics please! Very interesting!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holy cow. Looking at the pic, I am trying to understand how they are mounted. It looks like you still have the stock bar clamp, and the risers are running of the back bolts of it?

More pics please! Very interesting!
Yes, they do mount to the stock risers.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts