Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from Virginia, USA. I don't have a Bobber, but another forum's member suggested that I visit here. as my company ( Jack-Be-Quick.com ) produces specialty parts for other Triumph models. Most are for the Thunderbird 1600/1700, some R3, some Tiger, and some parts that fit many models. The introduction of the Bobber opens new doors, both for JBQ and Bobber owners. As I read through the "Wish list" thread, some parts may be doable for JBQ, others not.

What I make for the other models that I'd like to check into for the Bobber:
Lifting bracket kits (ease of jacking up the bike)
Catalytic Converter delete kit. These are $40/pair elbows on the T-Bird, but appear to be a bit more complicated for the Bobber. Certainly not $300!
Handlebar spacers. (Likely already have some that will work)
Lowering links, shifter, auxiliary light brackets for Tiger
I would need a willing Bobber owner near Roanoke/Lynchburg VA for researching needs and fitting. In exchange, free products that I develop as a result.
For the Mods: I will look also into sponsoring on this site.

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
What I make for the other models that I'd like to check into for the Bobber:
Lifting bracket kits (ease of jacking up the bike)
Catalytic Converter delete kit. These are $40/pair elbows on the T-Bird, but appear to be a bit more complicated for the Bobber. Certainly not $300!
Handlebar spacers. (Likely already have some that will work)
Lowering links, shifter, auxiliary light brackets for Tiger
I would need a willing Bobber owner near Roanoke/Lynchburg VA for researching needs and fitting. In exchange, free products that I develop as a result.
For the Mods: I will look also into sponsoring on this site.
My 10c: the lifting bracket will be just as helpful on the Bobber as other bikes (I used to have aTBird). Handlebar spacers also good. Lowering links not so much as the Bobber is low to begin with.

I think the Bobber and T120 are likely to be big sellers with an active bunch of farklers looking to perfect their rides, so I'd say got for it.

- Pasta

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
BearJu, they are brackets you fit to the bottom on the engine so that a trolley jack can be used to lift the bike without damage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What’s a lifting bracket kit? Never heard of it
They actually attach to the frame to put the load on the frame rather than the engine sump.
Here is a set for the T-Bird 1600/1700.
As there is no cradle frame, these provide a sturdy & safe way to lift the bike for wheel cleaning & maintenance.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
It be nice to have floorboards for the Bobber.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In Vint Hill? I know a few people that worked/work at the FAA there. I live about 4 miles from it...
Yes, I worked with him in Louisville. I went on to Tampa in 2000.
He retired from FAA a couple years later and then worked for the contractor at Patomac TRACON. Retired again last rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts