Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Picked up the new Bobber yesterday and all went well. In the end I choose the Ironstone colour although selecting the colour was the hardest decision :)

I woke up and read a couple of negative articles and was thinking had I made the wrong choice as I will be using the bike for commuting, but as soon as I got to the dealers I realised I had made the right decision!!

First job was to remove the front reflectors and the stickers, which was a pain to remove them off the tank as I was worried about marking the matt paint, but finally all clear. Today's job is to go for a ride and then wash and ACF50!!

Regards,
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Congrats on the good choice to JFDI, commuting is actually a lot of fun, just ahve to rethink some of your corner lines as the suspension travel is about half of virtually anything else out there and it 'could get a little twitchy' if you hammered thru the usual A2 run from Newcross to the Elephant and castle without meandering a bit to avoid holes lol.

Adds to the fun, much less autopilot on the commute than before.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Reviews are great for general info, but rider experience differs from person to person and I'm glad to see that you don't regret your decision.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congrats on the good choice to JFDI, commuting is actually a lot of fun, just ahve to rethink some of your corner lines as the suspension travel is about half of virtually anything else out there and it 'could get a little twitchy' if you hammered thru the usual A2 run from Newcross to the Elephant and castlewithout meandering a bit to avoid holes lol.

Adds to the fun, much less autopilot on the commute than before.
Ha! I remember them roads from my Army days, when I was in Chatham for some military courses (Carpenter/Joiner and Signwriter etc.) :grin2: Also spent many evenings down at the "Army & Navy":wink2:
Had my 1979 Bonneville Special T140D at that time :smile2:
......oh yeah, and a Bond Bug...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi, from Hertfordshire - I too, have an Ironstone - a good choice! Perhaps a UK Bobber convention/ride out one day?

·
Registered
459 Posts
bienvenu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts