Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers all . Love the Bob

Had two sportster 883s which were great bikes but just wanted to do something else after a while and always absolutely loved the look of the T modern classics

Delighted with it

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
It’s just friendly mickey-taking. A “weegie” is a slightly derogatory term for a Glaswegian used by non-Glaswegian Scots (usually by east coasters). “Soap dodger” usually comes after “weegie”.

I’m actually half-weegie myself - my Mum was born and raised in Glasgow. Since I was born in Dumfries, I’m what’s known as a “doonhamer”.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You cross-ponders have to realise we're two nations divided by a common language... If you add the dialects in it's way more

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You cross-ponders have to realise we're two nations divided by a common language... If you add the dialects in it's way more
Like I said, I have been watching British TV so I agree 100%.

In the U.S. . . . especially around North and South Carolina . . . we have a rhythm and blues dance called "The Shag". My wife and I were talking to a Brit about dancing and my wife told her that she was teaching our son how to shag. She got a strange look. :| It took some explaining. :grin2:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Like I said, I have been watching British TV so I agree 100%.

In the U.S. . . . especially around North and South Carolina . . . we have a rhythm and blues dance called "The Shag". My wife and I were talking to a Brit about dancing and my wife told her that she was teaching our son how to shag. She got a strange look. :| It took some explaining. :grin2:
Dear lord, I almost wet myself laughing when I read this! That is so funny :laugh:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome, Elderslie boy here, but its been a long time since I was back there. Enjoy the bike, and get oot and gee it a good Skelping.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts