Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Your bike looks awesome!

I've been lusting after a set of Wunderkind mudguards for some time, how did you find the wiring? I know the wires to the rear lights run internally in the struts but where do they go from there, do you cable tie them along the swing arm?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks it's an old building on the way to hel performance and thought it would make a good backdrop for a pic haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The front fender is a triumph short one and the rear is the standard fender then I can it down and welded the end back on so it looks factory but with a twist and repainted it, then bought the Wunderkind lights with fender supports pulled the loom back out off them and ran it down the centre of the fender as it would be as standard, also hid the number plate light wiring up the left hand support and in with the rest of the loom so you can see any of it. Was a bit of messing about but worth it

·
Registered
701 Posts
The front fender is a triumph short one and the rear is the standard fender then I can it down and welded the end back on so it looks factory but with a twist and repainted it, then bought the Wunderkind lights with fender supports pulled the loom back out off them and ran it down the centre of the fender as it would be as standard, also hid the number plate light wiring up the left hand support and in with the rest of the loom so you can see any of it. Was a bit of messing about but worth it
That's genius, well done!!! :smile2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks dude it was worth the hassle and to have something different. thinking next challenge over the winter is spray the bars black + risers and maybe hide the loom inside the bars

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from Exeter.

The first shot of your bike looks as though you have no headlight at first glance, because of the wall colour (color) being reflected. I may have to look into a 'no headlight' scenario.

Hope you don't mind me using your pic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome from Exeter.

The first shot of your bike looks as though you have no headlight at first glance, because of the wall colour (color) being reflected. I may have to look into a 'no headlight' scenario.

Hope you don't mind me using your pic.
Why would you not want a headlight??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome aboard. I had an internet buddy from Exeter a while back. Used to chat on Skype from time to time. Never did get over to visit him like I'd told him I would. He'd send me scotch and I'd send him bourbon. Miss him a lot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a great idea. I might nick this as I've bought a stock fender to chop. Did you do it yourself or have it fabricated?

·
Registered
526 Posts
That's a great idea. I might nick this as I've bought a stock fender to chop. Did you do it yourself or have it fabricated?
Hey there, I know Gareth and he did this all himself, he has some skills, we used to work together before all this kicked off. I take full responsibility that he bought a bobber in the end.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love what you've done with the back! I much prefer the look of the ridge in the middle too so you've got me thinking now... How much hassle was it chopping the mudguard down and welding it?

And where do you put your numberplate if you don't mind my asking?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts