Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Ordered my bobber a few months ago. Just been down to finalise the deal as it had arrived.

Moving from a Thunderbird Commander which has been a brilliant bike but I'm just not going long distances much any more and wanted something a bit lighter to push around.

Took one for a test drive just to make sure.

I've ordered a brown ribbed seat and the right side pannier, somewhere to carry waterproofs and other gear.

But mainly ordered the ape hangers in black, being vertically challenged I found that the bobber's bars were a little too far forward and gave me too much wrist strain in slow traffic. I had the same problem, albeit a bit more pronounced, with my 900 Thruxton. It was great on the open road but in heavy traffic got a bit too much.

Must be old age catching up with me.

I'd been considering a T120 Black but when I saw the new Bobber, well I was smitten.

I might miss the torque on the Thunderbird a bit but the bobber is really nice and light to throw around and has plenty of get up and go.

I should be a proud owner next Saturday, got to wait a bit longer for the new bars looks like July for them.

So here I am looking for ideas and like minded souls.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi guys.

Ordered my bobber a few months ago. Just been down to finalise the deal as it had arrived.

Moving from a Thunderbird Commander which has been a brilliant bike but I'm just not going long distances much any more and wanted something a bit lighter to push around.

Took one for a test drive just to make sure.

I've ordered a brown ribbed seat and the right side pannier, somewhere to carry waterproofs and other gear.

But mainly ordered the ape hangers in black, being vertically challenged I found that the bobber's bars were a little too far forward and gave me too much wrist strain in slow traffic. I had the same problem, albeit a bit more pronounced, with my 900 Thruxton. It was great on the open road but in heavy traffic got a bit too much.

Must be old age catching up with me.

I'd been considering a T120 Black but when I saw the new Bobber, well I was smitten.

I might miss the torque on the Thunderbird a bit but the bobber is really nice and light to throw around and has plenty of get up and go.

I should be a proud owner next Saturday, got to wait a bit longer for the new bars looks like July for them.

So here I am looking for ideas and like minded souls.

Congratulations and welcome.

I suspect after a few rides you won't miss the torque at all! I'm surprised at the little bobber every time I ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Congratulations and welcome good friend! Can't wait to hear your impressions on your first extended journey with your Bobber. Once you adjust and get through the break-in period, you'll find there's no looking back just like many have mentioned on the boards!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I too had a Thunderbird and I can only tell you that life is so much easier with the Bobber.
It's so easy to move around by comparison and I find that I use it far more than I did the Thunderbird.
Love the way it handles. Friend with Multistrada has trouble keeping up on twisties.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did they send any photos of un-boxing at all? Or would they even let you partake in the un-boxing?
The bike was in the showroom already built. I could have arranged to see the unboxing I suppose but I need to work to pay for it :frown2:

Just another day, Registration doc arrived today and the insurance is already set up to change.

Just gotta put the battery back in the Tbird and give her a quick clean. Gotta go for a last ride on her tomorrow morning.

She's been a great bike but the bobber suits the sort of riding I've been doing recently and I'm looking forward to getting a few miles on her tomorrow afternoon.

Roll on Saturday. :grin2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Palmers in Hemel Hempsted.

Just been for a ride and loving it so far. This is one cracking bike.
Well here she is.

Does this make me an official member :wink2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The pannier is Olive, it has a brown leather(like) panel on the lid.
I think they suit the bike really well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts