Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to this forum, picked up my new bobber black last week, looking forward to seeing what mods everyone else has done and sharing everyone’s experiences. Cheers ??

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Lots to read and catch up on; its a great fountain of Bobber knowledge.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new BB! Any changes planned right away or are you going to ride it for a bit to see what you'd like to tackle first?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess I must start off with a bit of a sour note... first week in I have 250 amazingly enjoyed miles.... then out of no where the dreaded engine management light comes on... and fails to go off... followed by the dreaded red engine coolant light... RAC called, long story short after a week of ownership my BB was taken away on a trailer and back to the dealer, it’s looking like a wiring fault which is under investigation, waiting for replacement wiring from triumph under warranty and no clear indication of when I can expect my pride and joy back! Gutted isn’t the word! Anyone else have anything else like this happen to them?!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the problems with your bike. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Being a Scotch lover I love your country! I've been over three times now. Each time was an experience. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear that mate. I had a similar issue. I think I was at around 700 miles, about a week after my first service. I was camping and out on the road by myself when the engine check light came on. I called my dealer and they said it was likely just a glitch and if so the system was designed to rest after the bike had been switched off and restarted around a dozen time. So with their advice I just carried on and sure enough later that day the engine light went off.

Not much help I know but thought I would share it.

Hope all works out, just hang in there these annoyances are a pain but hopefully it will all work out.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about that problem particularly as you were on the high of just getting started with the bike. Hopefully they’ll correct it quickly and you’ll be on the road again. And when you start considering mods from what others here have done, you’ll find they’re almost endless.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!
Well before all this happened, my first few mods were the black CNC gear shift lever from Motone and also the black CNC Union Jack cover for the brake fluid reservoir. I have purchased the short rear fender and LED kit from triumph and dropped off at my dealer to have them fitted along with fixing the wiring fault. I have also dropped off the triumph side mount plate holder to be fitted too and waiting for the arrival of the front LED lights to be delivered. So along with being gutted about the bike breaking down, exciting times ahead waiting to get the bike back with my new mods freshly fitted so I’m trying to stay positive... but I can’t lie and a tad impatient, just want it back now!?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum and to Bobber ownership. Im sure the wiring problem will be sorted soon enough, looking forward to seeing your mods. I am up the east coast near Wick

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I guess I must start off with a bit of a sour note... first week in I have 250 amazingly enjoyed miles.... then out of no where the dreaded engine management light comes on... and fails to go off... followed by the dreaded red engine coolant light... RAC called, long story short after a week of ownership my BB was taken away on a trailer and back to the dealer, it’s looking like a wiring fault which is under investigation, waiting for replacement wiring from triumph under warranty and no clear indication of when I can expect my pride and joy back! Gutted isn’t the word! Anyone else have anything else like this happen to them?!
Welcome, another Aberdeenshire member. Where abouts are you? I had the same issue but my wiring fault was with the reg/rec connector, Sharlaws fixed it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi mate, I’m up near Banff, how about you?
I don’t think I have ever looked at weather forecasts so much now that I have the bike!!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your BB. I hope the problem (what a buzzkill!) has been sorted and you will be back on the road soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts