Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just picked up my new bobber on Thursday after spending the last 12 months riding a Ducati monster and I’m absolutely loving it I’ve owned a few triumphs including a Bonneville t214 and a street triple.ive done about 250 miles on it so far and am looking at adding a few personal touches in the near future anyhow looking forward to some great rides on it and I’m taking it to the tt next year so some panniers will be purchased

Cheers Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi

Just picked up my new bobber on Thursday after spending the last 12 months riding a Ducati monster and I’m absolutely loving it I’ve owned a few triumphs including a Bonneville t214 and a street triple.ive done about 250 miles on it so far and am looking at adding a few personal touches in the near future anyhow looking forward to some great rides on it and I’m taking it to the tt next year so some panniers will be purchased

Cheers Andy
Welcome, just out of interest how does it compare to the Duke, I really liked the look and sound of those when they came out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i had the 797 monster it was a great bike fantastic on country lanes I fitted a termi pipe and had it mapped Absolutely sounded amazing but test rode the bobber a few weeks ago as I fancied something which was a bit less frantic than the monster and knew there and then I wanted one the bobber really suits my riding style just cruising about fancy getting some apes fitted at first service and maybe a new seat does anyone have any info on the apes comfort wise compared to the standard bars .

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My Bobber has the tall ( I wouldn't call them ape hangers) bars, I find them much more comfortable than the stock units. I also like the look. By the way great choice of color, I'm prejudiced since it's same as mine.

Chico

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Welcome to the group! I too have the high bars and really like the more upright riding position rather than leaning over the tank. I also tried the brown quilted seat for the first 1,000 miles. Loved the way it looked, but I find the factory seat more comfortable for my 200-350 mile rides. Every butt is different though.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome to the group! I too have the high bars and really like the more upright riding position rather than leaning over the tank. I also tried the brown quilted seat for the first 1,000 miles. Loved the way it looked, but I find the factory seat more comfortable for my 200-350 mile rides. Every butt is different though.
Every butt is truly very different.......nah, I won't open a poll on gludious maximus types...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your future mods on the bike.

Every butt is truly very different.......nah, I won't open a poll on gludious maximus types...
They sure are. Tried the Statement seat for awhile. Absolutely loved the looks as it’s lean and low, like the bike itself. But, on any uneven road, bumps or potholes, it was a bit of a bear, making me grip the handlebars and the tank more than I liked (I’m light on weight and felt thrown around). My rear end would have put up with the hard feel of it (fashion over function:wink2:) if there was a bit more support. Not sure about long rides though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome!

While I went for the Bobber Black (picked it up last Wednesday), I absolutely love the color - it looks great in combination with the knee pads.
Congratulations to what wonderful bike!

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts