Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just picked up my Iron Stone Bobber from the Birmingham (UK) Triumph dealer on what was probably one of the worst days of the year. It's now sitting in my garage with zero miles on it waiting for the snow and ice to melt & the weather to warm up a bit. Might be a long wait!

Not to far from the original Triumph, BSA, Norton Villiers and Sunbeam factories. I love the old classics & also old Harley's so can't wait to get out on it. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
The winter time is best used for planning, buying and installing your mods.
Then...non-stop riding once the season starts :grin2:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What a pain. Have you washed off the road salt from the bike?
I'd like to say it won't be long before the weather cheers up but you know as well as I do how long we have to wait.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chez, Yes all washed off now as although trailered back with a cover on the motorway was absolutely awash with salt spray & water so the bike still got plastered. :-(

·
Registered
117 Posts
I feel yer dude. I picked up mine from om Bill Smith Triumph in Chester end of November. Managed about 100 miles so far. I also bought a cool looking carbon Bell Bullet Helmet, don’t waste your money on it unless you stay below 30mph. Wind noise horrendous. Welcome Walenut.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I feel yer dude. I picked up mine from om Bill Smith Triumph in Chester end of November. Managed about 100 miles so far. I also bought a cool looking carbon Bell Bullet Helmet, don’t waste your money on it unless you stay below 30mph. Wind noise horrendous. Welcome Walenut.
Interesting you say that. I was just about to pull the trigger on a Bell Bullitt in Solid Black...!
Most reviews claim noise, but not to such a bad extent...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a Matt black Davida lovely looking helmet & quite but it really grips tight around my jaw. I can only stand it for about an hour & I've just got to take the thing off gives me a headache. Maybe my rugged square jaw just doesn't suit open face helmets! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was in Florida so bought the rsd carbon bullet through revzilla site. Good price considering exchange rate but in hindsight, will need to buy another full face lid. You have to keep your head straight up to reduce noise but the vision is good to be fair. Just a quick lifesaver let’s you see everything with the opening. If Bell can sort out a better seal for the visor then it’s a cracker.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I was in Florida so bought the rsd carbon bullet through revzilla site. Good price considering exchange rate but in hindsight, will need to buy another full face lid. You have to keep your head straight up to reduce noise but the vision is good to be fair. Just a quick lifesaver let’s you see everything with the opening. If Bell can sort out a better seal for the visor then it’s a cracker.
I read online that alot of the windnoise from the Bell can be ´sorted´ by tightening the screws on either side of the visor.
As i don´t own one (yet) i obviously can´t test that out - but may be worth trying it out @JedKnight...?

(The article also said not to do it with a screwdriver as that can slip and mark the helmet. Best to use a coin.)

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
The NEXX XG100 helmet is really nice quality and not too noisy. BUT it only comes in one shell size and the visor/field of vision is WAAAAY too narrow for daily riding. Fine for a Sunday blast but not ideal for city traffic or commuting. On a cold day you will definitely have to use a good neckwarmer - as alot of wind gets up through the chin area.

Retro helmets are such a compromise - but look great on the Bobber :wink2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I read online that alot of the windnoise from the Bell can be ´sorted´ by tightening the screws on either side of the visor.
As i don´t own one (yet) i obviously can´t test that out - but may be worth trying it out @JedKnight...?

(The article also said not to do it with a screwdriver as that can slip and mark the helmet. Best to use a coin.)
I’ll tighten up for the next ride and let you know if it gets a green light ??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome. I agree with eisen77 in that if you're unable to ride your bike in the winter due to inclement weather, it's a great time to plan, purchase parts, and modify your bike in preparation for spring.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Chiming in on the helmet issue... though a bit off topic.
I have struggled to find a suitable helmet as to size and form. With a slightly large and round head the experience has been annoying wind noise and uncomfortable pressure points leading headache, thus outright discomfort. I stumbled across the Daytona Slim Line Cruiser 3/4 helmets supposedly "One Of The World's Smallest & Lightest D.O.T. Approved 3/4 Shell Motorcycle Helmets Ever Made!!" https://www.daytonahelmets.com/d.o.t.-approved-34-shell-helmets
I found this particular helmet to suit my head shape perfectly. I have one black and one white on the shelf for now to suite the riding mood :).
And the price is good. Overseas shipment was hassle free.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I use this Davida: Its my favorite open face helmet.
I agree.the Davida is a truly fabulous and comfortable helmet.:wink2:
Warning ! sizes are very special and a trial before purchase is highly recommended.

:D:D

Reactions: eisen77

·
Registered
459 Posts
..... glass of wine + Bobber = PERFECT :grin2:
:D

I admit to enjoying a small terrace when I walk. a coffee, of course.
but how to resist a German beer just before going home but they do not equal, by far, the succulent Belgian beers.:crying: on the other hand, they make excellent white wine in the German vineyard right next to my home.0:)
it would be fun to create a "subject":
"and you, you take a little drink from time to time" ..:D:D

Reactions: ysoslo and eisen77

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I´m not a beer drinker (never did like it) but certainly a glass of Chablis or Champagne is a must when i ride to the port and go for a long lunch and walk**.

Oh...and a good Cappuccino is absolutely compulsory on every single ride!! :D

**very, very long. Never drink and ride!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts