Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm an Englishman living in the Gard in southern France. I've been a rider since I was 16 on a diverse selection of bikes. When I came over to France 9 years ago, I was on a Street Triple, which I loved. However, I realised that, as the ST is a bit of a hooligan bike (either throttle or brake pinned!), I should change so that I could keep my licence/limbs/life so I bought a Bonnie. Loved that too, but when I saw the Bobber, I had to have one. Only done about 1000km so far, but I'm surprised at how capable the bike is, not only as a cruiser, but it's not too shabby through the twisties too. I'm thinking about installing a de-cat pipe (X-Pipe maybe), does anyone have experience of fitting one and the volume and quality of the exhaust note once it's on?

Cheers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading through the posts, I've found the answer regarding the X-Pipe.... Sounds as though I need one!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've watched the installation vid and it looks a bit time-consuming but not overly complicated. Hopefully, those aren't 'famous last words'!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey,

I'm an Englishman living in the Gard in southern France. I've been a rider since I was 16 on a diverse selection of bikes. When I came over to France 9 years ago, I was on a Street Triple, which I loved. However, I realised that, as the ST is a bit of a hooligan bike (either throttle or brake pinned!), I should change so that I could keep my licence/limbs/life so I bought a Bonnie. Loved that too, but when I saw the Bobber, I had to have one. Only done about 1000km so far, but I'm surprised at how capable the bike is, not only as a cruiser, but it's not too shabby through the twisties too. I'm thinking about installing a de-cat pipe (X-Pipe maybe), does anyone have experience of fitting one and the volume and quality of the exhaust note once it's on?

Cheers.
Vous parlez français ??

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree on the X-Pipe, don't know if this guy is a member here or lurker but I believe its one of the only examples on YouTube
If the owner is reading this, letting us know its you might help some owners here that have questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts