Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Helmet lock

12K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  DOCGSS 
#1 ·
Do you have one? Which and where are you mounting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
At 500 to 600 quid for a helmet, mine happily stays in my hand when I park up and move away from bike, otherwise it hangs on an ear.

#3 ·
I take my helmet with me as well. If you have a Sena, or helmet-mounted camera, than it would be a hassle to have to continually take those off your helmet. If I was going to leave my helmet locked to my bike, I would get a cable lock (decent thickness - not those teeny skinny ones) and run it through the opening on my full face helmet and lock to the bike (wouldn't work well with a 3/4 or half helmet). The bike-mounted locks seem to only lock your helmet via the d-ring, so anyone can just cut the strap (i know, a helmet with a cut strap is not practical, but I've read stories of follks that have lost their helmets this way). Anyways, hope you can find a good solution.

#4 ·
Yea I normally take it in with me when at work and such but when I'm just doing a quick run into the grocery store or something it's annoying carrying it around in my hand while trying to juggle the other stuff.

#7 ·
Although the happy people in the USA, especially in Open Carry states i would assume don't really need a helmet lock, one look at an M4 slung over your back as you pop into a shop for a soda will make even the most hardened criminals just walk past a lid sat on the seat :p

#9 ·
Yea most of America doesn't carry. It's too liberal over here. Just to get a gun permit to own one is a huge ordeal. And in most states even if you have the permit to own you can't carry it. Has to stay in your house.

#11 ·
Mmmmm not entirely accurate.....in Va all it takes is one safety class, submit paperwork at county clerks and as long as you aren't a criminal the concealed carry permit is in your mailbox in a few weeks. I carry and most my friends carry. Most of Va allows open carry as well. I can go into the grocery store and occasionally see soccer moms with Glocks on their hips. I often see guys on bikes practicing open carry.........but no one hitting Starbucks with an M4 on their back....which I also own as well......most states actually have pretty easy gun laws with the exception of Cali, New Jersey, Illinois and Maryland.

Sorry for derailing thread......

#12 ·
As well as New York, Connecticut, the list goes on. There's more States where it's harder to carry than there isn't. Most of the east and west coasts it's very difficult.

I'm in ny and just to apply for the handgun permit is like $700. They can deny you and you don't get any of that back. It's also just a permit to own can't carry anywhere. Technically the only place you can go with it is the range and during transport it has to be in a locked box with a trigger lock on in the trunk with the ammo in a separate locked box in another part of the car.

It's ridiculous.

Rifle permit is cheaper but still carries the same restrictions.

#17 ·
There are universal fit versions. I'd suggest contacting Matt at Lidlox directly (Matt@lidlox.com). Matt's customer service is awesome and he'll work with you to get you the perfect set up.

At Matt's suggestion, I just ordered the 1011-B kit for my Bobber. Because I've changed mirrors, I have space for a right side bar-end mount. I'll post photos of the install soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.