Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Hello from WV

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  CPORet 
#1 ·
Hello my fellow riders,

My name is Troy, and I live in West Virginia. I recently purchased a brand new 2018 Bobber that is red and silver two-tone, and I am thrilled that it's in my garage.

I look forward to the miles ahead, getting to know you, and possibly meeting some of the regional forum goers at a meetup. Until then, ride safe.

Troy

#4 ·
Hi Roy,

I do have plans for the bike. For instance, a tail tidy with front and rear LED signals. Eventually, I plan to replace the headlight with the LED version too. British customs drag pipes (cutaways) but plan to leave the CAT on the bike for now. If the red leather from Corbin matches the red on the tank, I'll be buying a red leather saddle. The first aftermarket part arrives today, which is an old school temp gauge to replace the oil cap.

Pictures will come soon. Right now, I am busy teaching my daughter to ride. Well, she has her license but will only ride with me since her confidence isn't that high yet. Most of my free time is spent with her before she goes off to university later this summer.

Cheers,
Troy

#14 ·
Pictures will come soon. Right now, I am busy teaching my daughter to ride. Well, she has her license but will only ride with me since her confidence isn't that high yet.
Hey Troy, Welcome!

It must be a daughter thing, mine won't ride without me there, and on the radio!:laugh:

Attachments

#5 ·
Thank you, glad to be here. I purchased the bike from Triumph of Harrisonburg. It was a great deal as they were motivated to move the leftover inventory. After the first maintenance, I'll likely start using Motorcycles of Dulles for service since I work in that area.

#16 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I washed the bike this morning but immediately put another 130 miles on it since, so pictures soon. I changed out the oil cap with a gauge from A&J, but the quality is questionable. In my opinion, it feels a little cheap for the price paid. I'm still waiting for swatches from Cobin as a new saddle is my next investment.

Today was a great day to ride.

Troy

#18 ·
If you're looking at seat options, there's a guy in Rockville MD named John Longo that does some pretty awesome seat work. I'm taking my stock seat over there to see what he can do with it. Might be a bit easier dealing with someone local.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.