Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello....Here are a few mods to my 2017.....I replaced the stock bars with Western style 60s Bonneville..I have also added a Motone X-pipe...Relocated an aftermarket set of signals on custom brackets using the air box mounting hardware..I also added a BC (Street Twin) tail light assy. This required drilling an extra mounting hole and removing the last section of rib to the center of the fender...This would be covered if the factory rear light assy was reinstalled at a later date..The bolt shown without the license plate mounted was for mock up purposes..I countersunk the mounting holes and utilized flush fitting screws

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome! I dig what you did with the tail light, signals and plate. Cleans it up nicely!

How do those bars feel? less reach?

What region of WV are you in? Eastern panhandle at all?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am 33 miles south of Morgantown....The bars feel nice to me as I have been riding Harley's for about 35 years...The last Triumph I had was a 68 Trophy..Back around 1983 or so?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking good. I think I see a FatBoy in the background but, what's the bike with the front license plate to the right and behind it?

Thanks for the welcome...Cars and Bikes are my thing so the garage is currently a mess..Yes there is a 2005 Anniversary Fatboy in the pic which I am going to sell...The other bike is a Cj750 that had a very extensive BMW conversion done to it several years ago (I am a WW2 reenactor )...I bought the Bobber about a month ago as a left over from a dealer it has 4 miles on it..I brought it home and started working on it the next day...I think I am done with the mods..

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Love that hot rod. Looks a lot like John Milner’s one from the film American Graffitti. Was that the inspiration?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love that hot rod. Looks a lot like John Milner’s one from the film American Graffitti. Was that the inspiration?
Yes,,It is in fact a clone of Milner's 32 and the dashboard was signed by Paul Le mat that played John Milner in the movie...The only real difference is mine is currently running 3 X 2 barrel carbs and the movie car was 4 X 2 barrels....That combo was very un-friendly for the driving I do...I do have the manifold to pick it back if I ever choose to do so

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yes,,It is in fact a clone of Milner's 32 and the dashboard was signed by Paul Le mat that played John Milner in the movie...The only real difference is mine is currently running 3 X 2 barrel carbs and the movie car was 4 X 2 barrels....That combo was very un-friendly for the driving I do...I do have the manifold to pick it back if I ever choose to do so
Man, ultimate respect to you! I am so envious. American Graffitti is one of my all time favourite films. It is a stone cold classic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the bars on the bobber did you need the cable extension for this.

Using these bars the factory wiring seemed to be around 3" shorter than what I really wanted to see it...They could have been installed perhaps as they were if there was some possible rerouting of the harness?, But I had already purchased the kit for the extended wiring,brake hose and cable..The extenders are actually too long for these bars so some configuring with multiple cable ties were needed to get the fuel tank back into place as there is not a lot of extra room under it when installed...The factory brake hose will not work and again the one in the kit is a bit too long...I was able to change the routing of the clutch cable and retain the factory piece...One thing that I did was move the clutch cable retainer from the left fork to the right to help with the excess length of the brake hose...I also purchased a set of push in style plastic plugs to finish the end of the bar for the hole in the end of the grip.(Hardware store item)....I am going to have a set of the Bike Brothers Bars as some other members have installed on their bikes available for sale if they ever make it to me (Extremely slow shipping/No option for express postage) if anyone is interested as while waiting for these to arrive I changed plans and decided on these..

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum, can you tell me if the BC rear light set up simply plugs to same harness or not ?
Hello .....It will plug directly into the existing tail light plug...No wires were cut. I used connectors to plug the aftermarket signals into the factory leads...The registration lamp lead is not used on the BC light assy..

·
Registered
149 Posts
I also added a BC (Street Twin) tail light assy. This required drilling an extra mounting hole and removing the last section of rib to the center of the fender...This would be covered if the factory rear light assy was reinstalled at a later date..The bolt shown without the license plate mounted was for mock up purposes..I countersunk the mounting holes and utilized flush fitting screws
I also ordered the street twin pan light to try this myself, and while I have not fully removed the stock light assembly yet, it does not look like any of the holes in the fender match up to the bolts from the bc pan light.

Did you have to drill any holes in the fender for this? Are there other mounting holes underneath the stock light? I stopped just before removing the wheel to remove the stock light since it didn’t look like it was going to line up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts