Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After 3 years with a Yamaha XSR900, my Bobber was delivered mid-May, just when lockdown was starting to be relaxed in England and I've finally got round to saying hello.

The Yamaha was great fun but I didn't love it whereas the Bobber, I love it!...the looks, riding position, the bumpiness and especially the sound!

The dealer added the LED indicators, heated grips and black intake covers and at the first service (in 2 weeks), they will be adding the black engine and sprocket covers.

Since I've had it, I've added:
Motone monza cap
Motone brass gear lever
Motone bobbins
Motone x-pipe
BoosterPlug

I have no plans to add anything else, well maybe the clutch badge/ACG covers depending on how they look with the black engine covers...and maybe a brake reservoir cover and the Motone rear end whenever that is released...but that is it!

Anyway, that's it for now, cheers all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was supposed to get mine delivered tomorrow but the guy I am buying from has gone into self isolation for two weeks, so got to wait

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was supposed to get mine delivered tomorrow but the guy I am buying from has gone into self isolation for two weeks, so got to wait
Oh no, how annoying, I should have got mine at the end of March but had to wait an extra 6 weeks but it will definitely be worth it when it comes!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I love to visit England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. I've ridden in Ireland. I would love to ride in England, Scotland and Wales. What a beautiful country you have!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Hi fella , welcome to the forum and congrats on the Bobber. Although you don't intend on doing much else to her that may change after spending some time here. 😉
All the best,
Mat (spelt the right way 😂)

Reactions: Matt UK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi fella , welcome to the forum and congrats on the Bobber. Although you don't intend on doing much else to her that may change after spending some time here. 😉
All the best,
Mat (spelt the right way 😂)
Haha...cheers....I have a feeling that you're right there!

·
Registered
115 Posts
@Matt UK oooh interesting! I have been considering an XSR900 alongside the Bobber as a more performance/handling focussed bike. Do you mind me asking why you decided to change to a Bobber? Was it just the looks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Matt UK oooh interesting! I have been considering an XSR900 alongside the Bobber as a more performance/handling focussed bike. Do you mind me asking why you decided to change to a Bobber? Was it just the looks?
Hi Dan, I've wanted a Triumph for quite a few years and test rode a Thruxton R three years ago, at the time I had the MT-07 (FZ-07) and compared to that the Thruxton felt pretty heavy and needed to be wrestled around corners. I then tried the XSR900 and it just felt right, similar to the MT-07, just a bit more of everything, weight, power, etc. Also Yamaha offered me a great trade-in price compared to Triumph which made a big difference to the monthly cost.

Over the last year I have been wavering between the Thruxton and Bobber but had a proper think about the riding I do and enjoy. I'm more of a bimbler than a racer and prefer B-roads, backroads and tea & cake stops.

After a test ride, I got a really good price on the Bobber and after speaking to Yamaha, Triumph upped their trade-in offer so in all, almost a grand less than the XSR. So far the Bobber feels absolutely perfect for me and I love the way it looks.

The Yamaha is brilliant though, a very different feel to the Triumph but I can definitely recommend a test ride.

This was mine:

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
I had a look across the Kwakayamsuzunda ranges to see the various street bikes on offer. Is it me or are most modern bikes fugly??? The exceptions I saw were the Honda CB1100, and the Kwak W800

·
Registered
115 Posts
@Matt UK that’s great - thank you for that write up 👍 I’m one of those people who tends to buy on impulse and change what I don’t like - I very nearly bought an XSR900 Abarth before getting the Bobber. After selling the 48 I’d ridden a friends guzzi v7 for a few months whilst I fixed it up for him and I almost convinced myself I wanted something more focused that could still be customised.

Then the TFC was announced and I put a deposit down straight away! But time lingered on and I got impatient and picked up a used Bobber Black for a very good price. For the same price as the TFC I could have both bikes - so I’m still tempted!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a look across the Kwakayamsuzunda ranges to see the various street bikes on offer. Is it me or are most modern bikes fugly??? The exceptions I saw were the Honda CB1100, and the Kwak W800
I know what you mean, one of my buddies has a KTM 790 Duke and has been talking about selling it as he is really not keen on the way it looks, however he changes his mind every time he rides it.:)

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
I know what you mean, one of my buddies has a KTM 790 Duke and has been talking about selling it as he is really not keen on the way it looks, however he changes his mind every time he rides it.:)
As they say, you're not looking at a bike when you're riding it... but... it has to look like a motorcycle not some drunken designers off duty ramblings...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts