Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just collected my Bobber. Already had two "issues". First is that like other modern classic triumphs the high beam sucks. It lights up my front wheel and the sides of the road dazzlingly well. But straight ahead is pitch black. So low beam it is.

Secondly, I'm an idiot. I managed to melt my bike cover to the down pipes. Luckily I managed to get almost everything off. The internet is a great place for help in such situations.

Anyhow. My last bike was a Street Triple Rx. I've a long history on sportier bikes from Aprilia to BMW. But the Bobber tugged at my heart strings.

Safe riding.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree the high beam is a bit strange. low beam is good but highbeam seems to light up countryside more than the road ahead.
I just adjusted it downward a 2nd time (14mm and 17mm wrenches) so I'm still playing with it.

(Oven cleaner for cleaning pipes?)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just be careful when using the high beam since it can be counterproductive by blinding on coming traffic and that alone can out you in deep trouble. Only enough lighting to make them aware of you is required.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
I agree that the high-beam is pretty bad....I was in my neighborhood and hit the bright and said "nope" and instantly went back to low beam. Kind of surprising really.

I think a larger headlamp unit would be pretty cool looking...

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Bobber's retro look is perfect for larger headlamps without them looking out of place. Or is there an easy way to concentrate the light forwards instead of the sides?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well the possibility for something else to work is their, haven't seen anyone else attempt a different design. For all we know a sleek and angular headlight might work. The Bobber has some modern cues, those same cues can help modern headlight look normal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts