Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here since buying my Bobber in June and thought it was high time to say hello.

I wasn't intending changing my Tiger but booked a test ride on the Bobber and the rest is history. The only other time I smiled as much on a test ride was in 2006 when I demo'd a Speed Triple 1050 and I bought that one too.

Sometimes a bike just exceeds all your expectations which makes opening your wallet much too easy. Absolutely loving every minute and I've persuaded one of my mates to buy one - he is currently plundering the accessories list !!

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hello mate!
Well whadda ya know..!!
Wembdon..... been a long time, but in '84 I lived in Minehead & Bridgewater for a short time.
An old friend of mine still lives in Stolford, just down the road from you!

You've indeed got some great biking routes right on yer doorstep!!

While I was living in near Minehead, I commuted to Cossington every day on my 1979 Triumph T140D Bonnie Special !!
It was always a great ride over the Quantox hills, especially when the weather was on my side...

Welcome here!

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike, small world eh !?

You're right about the roads...had a great ride out with a mate on Saturday to Lynton & Lynmouth and then on to the Valley of the Rocks. Back across the Chains and over Exmoor before diving over the Quantocks and home. 110 miles on empty roads in great scenery + the bonus of a lovely sunny day. Great bike and more than enough poke for moorland roads - love the drive out of corners amongst the many other attributes !

Just doesn't get any better, cheers.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks Mike, small world eh !?

You're right about the roads...had a great ride out with a mate on Saturday to Lynton & Lynmouth and then on to the Valley of the Rocks. Back across the Chains and over Exmoor before diving over the Quantocks and home. 110 miles on empty roads in great scenery + the bonus of a lovely sunny day. Great bike and more than enough poke for moorland roads - love the drive out of corners amongst the many other attributes !

Just doesn't get any better, cheers.
Sounds like you had a great day out! It is a small world!
Did you go up Porlock Hill? Bloody 'ell that's 1 in 4 like the hill going down into Lynton/Lynmouth of the moors! I reminisce sometimes; riding the coast road over the moors, trying to avoid flying of the cliff edges after swerving around the sheep on the roads!!:surprise::laugh::laugh:

Yes, the Bobber is indeed a great riding machine; yesterday I was riding through the Harz mountains which are just about an hour away from me, here in Northern Germany:wink2:

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, did Porlock Hill - an experience if you're not ready for it and catches a few out but fortunately I've done it many times so know what to expect and luckily no sheep around. Expect it's a bit lame if you've been riding in the mountains.

Your Bobber looks fine, how has it been received in Germany ?

Andy

·
Registered
360 Posts
It is nice in the Harz; it's a bit like North Wales, ish...

Thanks; the Bobber has been received really well here. She's a real crowd puller wherever I go.
My Triumph dealer in Braunschweig has sold about 20 this year so far!

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts