Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’ve just become a member. I’m really interested in a bobber, I think they’re great! Only thing that puts me off is no pillion seat however I’ve seen a few posts on here where people have fitted their own! So I’m hoping to find out as much as possible before I decide on a bobber or not ??

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Fitting a pillion seat to a Bobber is wrong and dangerous on so many levels.

I recommend looking in to Speedmaster and having the option to convert it to a single or double seat at your own convenience. It’ll look great and be structurally safe to hold the weight of a passenger.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Tim, welcome. If having one seat is an issue, i’d recommend either a divorce or a breakup depending on your current situation. Then purchase a bobber.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Really bad idea. As others have mentioned, the Triumph Speedmaster is the factory equivalent to what you describe and it's a very nice machine.

There are also lots of other options for 2-up riding right now, and not just Triumph. If you're a Harley guy in the USA, there are countless low miles ones available privately from aging baby boomers who bought into the cool kids club and then suddenly remembered that they don't actually ride motorcycles. Also, last I read, Harley themselves was sitting on $20M in used inventory from trade-ins. (They'll finance anyone who's breathing and a good way to obfuscate the gouging is to hose the sucker on their trade-in).

-GPz/Gary

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum mate, you are in good company here and will always get the very best advice.

Like the other chaps have said, if a pillion seat is important to you, then go for the Speedmaster, a really great bike. I wish I could afford both...:surprise:

I know the title of this forum is 'Bobber' but Speedmaster rider are VERY welcome indeed and we have some great riders running superb Speedmasters.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Welcome to the site! As you've heard many times already, the Bobber really isn't a 2-person option. If you've been reading the threads on the site, you probably already know that the guys chiming in and making recommendations really know their stuff. Whether you go with a Bobber, a Speedmaster or something completely different, I wish you good luck in your search. Always feel free to ask questions on here, and you can rest assured knowing that you'll be getting honest informed answers from guys that aren't oblivious to the Cons of the bikes we ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blimey thanks everyone!

That’s great advice, little disappointing but I will definitely look into the Speedmaster.

I was hoping with an uprated rear shock on the bobber you could get away with a pillion but it makes sense what you’ve all said. If it’s not designed to take a pillion from factory then it shouldn’t be done. Such a shame cause they’re lovely bikes! Maybe one day the Mrs will have her own bike and I can have a bobber ?

How many speedmaster owners are on here?

Thank you everyone ??

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
Agree with what everyone has said. Would be be unsafe. Additionally, the beauty of the Bobber for me is that float8n* single seat. Anything more than a small rack spoils the look IMO, so you wouldn’t really have the bike you are admiring anyway. If it’s Triumph yo7 want then the Soeedmaster is a beautiful bike also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts