Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening guys , I just picked up a Bobber Black on Saturday from my Dealer here in Georgia (Freewheeling). My third Triumph in a few years , and looks to be a fun ride ahead. I went ahead and got the Tall bars to give me a little easier riding position , (I'm 6'4") and the better shock , and a Corbin seat. I have been nosing around here for a couple weeks , and thought I would introduce myself. Look forward to helping where I can , and also taking advantage of the information already being accumulated here.

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Welcome to the site! I'm short, but a big fan of the high bars too. Looking forward to seeing pics after you make your changes. I don't remember anyone else on this site putting high bars on the Bobber Black, so it'll be comfortable AND unique.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have a long standing relationship with my Triumph dealer , took a demo (black) out for a fairly long test ride (knew I wanted the Brembo's) , but also wanted the bars , so I rode the demo with the bars for a short shot and knew I could make it work. Looking forward to making it mine.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your bike with the Corbin Seat, i've been on that seat configurator site a hundred times and have my seat picked out, I'm working in Iraq right now and will pull the trigger on it a couple weeks before i go on rotation, and before i return i will give it to my dealer for a complete makeover

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I´m 6 1´and put a bar riser on and the seat in the rear position.
The pegs are in the standard position - which are fine for now (and short distances).
Waiting for my Corbin too - which will hopefully arrive soon. Which material/design did you go for ?
I see you have a statement seat on now ??

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum.
I´m 6 1´and put a bar riser on and the seat in the rear position.
The pegs are in the standard position - which are fine for now (and short distances).
Waiting for my Corbin too - which will hopefully arrive soon. Which material/design did you go for ?
I see you have a statement seat on now ??
I am getting the bomber brown leather for a little contrast. I just requested Corbin to leave the flag off , which they did. It should be here in 3 weeks , and yeah , I'm riding on a statement seat till it arrives , because at my height , the stock seat with the break in it isn't too comfortable to sit on with the drag bars. All will be resolved soon enough.:wink2:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. As was previously mentioned, I think that you're the first Bobber Black owner to install apes. I'm looking forward to the photos and to your review of the Corbin seat.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. The bars and cable kit are due in tomorrow , as is the shock , so I'll be doing some tinkering this week sometime.

Side note , can anyone post a link to instructions to posting pics that can be blown up? I put up a pic , but it is small , and is not interactive. Forums do it differently , so I'm going to have to learn the correct way here.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that link. The cable kit is on back order for the 18 model Bobber , guessing the CC is holding up the works. Supposed to be here in a couple weeks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts