Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I’m 51, and live in the center of France in the Loire Valley.
I’ve got my motorbike license 3 years ago. Since then I’m riding a 2012 BMW R1200 GSA and did 45000km with it.
I wanted to get a second bike to reduce the use of my GSA which I will keep of course because it’s a super bike and I still need it for my long travels and duo rides.
So I saw the Triumph Bobber and found it very cool and decided to make a test ride which confirmed all the good things I’ve red and saw about it.
I finally ordered one which was used for test rides in a Triumph dealership. It’s a black bobber with 1600km and I wanted to personalize it.
So since mid of september the transformation is ongoing and I should get it finished in the next 10 days.
The modifications are the following :
- New paint Candy red, black and white
- Belt transmission instead of chain
- Fox rear shock absorber
- Tyres with white side
- Brembo front brake
- Rizoma chromed blinkers
- Chromed rear lamp
- Chromed mirrors
- Engine fully black
- Side numberplate
I hope to be able to show it to you soon, but the process to upload pictures with the right size is quite complicated on this forum.

Have a good ride

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome! Been a long time since I have been to France, was down in the Fitou region, lived in England so used to ferry over and hang out around Calais. While in the scouts, we did a trip there to help clean up Normandy beach from litter and debris.

Hope you can get some pics up soon.

Which belt drive conversion did you go with? (is there more brands than the one Eisen has?)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Images

Hello,

I’m 51, and live in the center of France in the Loire Valley.
I’ve got my motorbike license 3 years ago. Since then I’m riding a 2012 BMW R1200 GSA and did 45000km with it.
I wanted to get a second bike to reduce the use of my GSA which I will keep of course because it’s a super bike and I still need it for my long travels and duo rides.
So I saw the Triumph Bobber and found it very cool and decided to make a test ride which confirmed all the good things I’ve red and saw about it.
I finally ordered one which was used for test rides in a Triumph dealership. It’s a black bobber with 1600km and I wanted to personalize it.
So since mid of september the transformation is ongoing and I should get it finished in the next 10 days.
The modifications are the following :
- New paint Candy red, black and white
- Belt transmission instead of chain
- Fox rear shock absorber
- Tyres with white side
- Brembo front brake
- Rizoma chromed blinkers
- Chromed rear lamp
- Chromed mirrors
- Engine fully black
- Side numberplate
I hope to be able to show it to you soon, but the process to upload pictures with the right size is quite complicated on this forum.

Have a good ride
Welcome, looks like a good project and look forward to seeing it.
I find this forum a breeze to upload images.
These are standard images taken from my phone and emailed to my desktop.
I put my images onto the computer in an easy to access place: desktop normally.
I then reduce the forum screen size so I can see both the desktop and the web page.
I then just drag and drop into the "drag files here box" on the this page, below this writing and shazzam.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Salut compatriote !!

On est déjà quelques français sur ce forum !!

Hi compatriot !!

We are already some French on this forum !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
.hello my dear compatriot. I also inquired to install the belt. Free spirit only sells to the dealer and it costs 1400 euros with the pose. a bit expensive but Noel arrives.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Jo Quijada,

I’ve the chance to have found a dealer who didn’t charge me the cost of installation of all the modifications I want to have to my Bobber.
He is very interested in my project so I’ve the parts to pay with some discount on the top.
So compared to other offers I’ve got he was far cheeper than others.
I’m now very nervous to see the final result and ride my bike...?

Cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello,

After five long weeks of waiting, the painted parts did finally come back to my dealer.
Rebuilding is ongoing.
Hopefully, the delivery will take place next week !

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
sympa ton bobber ;) en plus en France ....
c'est qu'ici, nous sommes plusieurs, du pays des fromages qui font rêver.....:D

Reactions: Calthi
1 - 15 of 15 Posts