Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from France.
Sorry for my bad English.
I am 46 years old. I am the proud owner of a 1200 speedmaster bought 2 weeks ago. I did 1400 km and I find it great. It is certainly a little less beautiful than the bobber but I can share my bike from time to time with my GF or my daughter.
And the engineering !!!! What a pleasure. I feel like I'm 25 again. At the stop, I spend my time admiring it. And on his handlebars, I smile, I laugh, I shout, I sing while wiping the right handle on my favorite roads of my mountains of Auvergne.
This bike is my first non-Japanese and I'm not disappointed.
Previous motorcycles: 500 GPZ, 1000 FZR, 600 RF, 600 FZR, 750 YZF, 600 ZXR, and another 600 RF.
I love this bike so much ...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy the bike and rides out with your family. I like nothing more than riding with my sons.

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Welcome from the only active (other) Speedmaster owner on the Forum! You have perfect taste!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congratulations on your purchase! Love that you've been piling up the kms already. Have you made any changes to the bike yet, or do you have any planned?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome

A mistake: it's not since 2 weeks that I have this bike, but 3 weeks since today.

Ysoslo, yes I made changes,first from the purchase, others after the delivery, and others are planned but I must first learn english technicals words because the translation of google seems sometimes hazardous to explain you my projects !
I'll ask many questions to experienced members.
Very happy to join the forum.
Salut Michel, tu es de quel coin ?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum, David. Love that Speedmaster. If I didn’t have my Indian Scout, that would be my touring bike as I use the Bobber for day trips and around town. Congratulations on your purchase and many safe and happy miles ahead.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the welcome

A mistake: it's not since 2 weeks that I have this bike, but 3 weeks since today.

Ysoslo, yes I made changes,first from the purchase, others after the delivery, and others are planned but I must first learn english technicals words because the translation of google seems sometimes hazardous to explain you my projects !
I'll ask many questions to experienced members.
Very happy to join the forum.
Salut Michel, tu es de quel coin ?
Partage tes modifications et projets en français! Je traduirai! ;)

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
..But we could all do with the opportunity to improve out moto technical Francais!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Salut David,

Je suis de l' EST (région de Vesoul). J'ai un bobber Black (après une Yam XSR700, puis un Thruxton, puis un bobber standard..... tout cela en moins de 2 ans)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Partage tes modifications et projets en français! Je traduirai!
Merci pour la proposition.
I try in English (help by Triumph configurator !). If it's incomprehensible, I'll need help.
From the purchase, I choose black engine cover, black spocket cover, black teardrop cast mirrors and brushed badges
Since then, I changed the pillion comfort seat because my GF is very delicate , I remove the standard mudguard hoop and grab rails & reflectors (front & back).
I wanted put black ribbon on exhaust but finally i will not di it because I think the mix vintage style & aggressive aspect is sublimate by the mix chrome / matt black / glossy black
I ride most of the time without the passenger saddle. With it's a little chopper, without it's a vintage bobber and the change is done in just 1 minute
I have more changes planned.
1. I want to remove laterals stickers ("Speedmaster Bonneville") but but these seems clear coat (?). You confirm I can't remove them without damage the paint ?
If I can't, I think I'll remove the lateral fairing and put K&N filters. I will need help then because there must be probes in the actual air boxes
2. I want to adapt the bobber's saddle on this bike. My dealer tall me it's not possible but I don't believe him. What do you think about this ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Merci pour la proposition.
I try in English (help by Triumph configurator !). If it's incomprehensible, I'll need help.
From the purchase, I choose black engine cover, black spocket cover, black teardrop cast mirrors and brushed badges
Since then, I changed the pillion comfort seat because my GF is very delicate , I remove the standard mudguard hoop and grab rails & reflectors (front & back).
I wanted put black ribbon on exhaust but finally i will not di it because I think the mix vintage style & aggressive aspect is sublimate by the mix chrome / matt black / glossy black
I ride most of the time without the passenger saddle. With it's a little chopper, without it's a vintage bobber and the change is done in just 1 minute
I have more changes planned.
1. I want to remove laterals stickers ("Speedmaster Bonneville") but but these seems clear coat (?). You confirm I can't remove them without damage the paint ?
If I can't, I think I'll remove the lateral fairing and put K&N filters. I will need help then because there must be probes in the actual air boxes
2. I want to adapt the bobber's saddle on this bike. My dealer tall me it's not possible but I don't believe him. What do you think about this ?
You're english is good enough! No need to worry about that!

The stickers are under the clear coat.

For the Bobber saddle, I think there is a thread somewhere here talking about that. Not impossible but not easy if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If it's incomprehensible, I'll need help.
Welcome to the forum, David! Don't worry, this is a bobber forum, many of us have incomprehensible english and all of us need help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts