Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, happy wife equals happy life right? I just became the happy mechanic of my wife's new shiny "18 Bobber Black. We caught it on sale last weekend and now it's sitting in the garage waiting for a day above 40 deg. My wife fell in love on first sight with them a few weeks back so I researched them and saw nothing but good reviews. She's chomping at the bit to run the mountain roads here in east Tn. (hope I can keep up!:grin2:) Her main ride for the past 10yrs has been a 1970 XLCH Sportster I brought back from dead so she's paid her dues, so now come on spring and the smell of oil and gasoline!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
We kept twisting the salesman/dealership's arm and got a tag side mount kit thrown in on the deal. She hasn't mentioned any changes yet but I'm sure as she logs some miles she'll come up with a few. We pretty much like it as is, maybe a swing arm tool bag later on?? Here's a pic of one of our trips to the Dragon in NC. I'm on my "90 HD Softail (had since new!) and her "70 Sportster. I just picked up a "62 BMW R60/2 last summer and it'll be my primary ride for the next few yrs. I've already warned her not to leave me behind since the Bobber has twice the cc's. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Her ride for the past 10yrs. it was a junk pile chained to a pine tree in Georgia when we got it. She was wanting something we wouldn't have to worry about on long runs into Va. and NC.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
That's a lovely job on that old Sporty.

My first HD back in the early 1980's (in England) was a 76 XLH, so I have a nostalgic soft spot for those. No despite that it was a bit of an old 'bag of bolt'. I think in contrast to the Bobber your wife is going to feel like she on a proverbial Rolls Royce..!

All cracking bikes though, well done.

For fun I have attached a pic of a younger me back in the 80's on my Sporty.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts