Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Harley rider for 25 years and wanted a change. Always had an interest in Triumphs and when the Bobber came out it convinced me time to change. Took delivery of my Morello Red Bobber about three weeks ago. A blast to ride and looking forward to adding the parts I have ordered. Pics to follow soon.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I have been a Harley rider for 25 years and wanted a change. Always had an interest in Triumphs and when the Bobber came out it convinced me time to change. Took delivery of my Morello Red Bobber about three weeks ago. A blast to ride and looking forward to adding the parts I have ordered. Pics to follow soon.
Welcome to Triumph & the forum!
Which was your last Harley before making the switch? Interesting to hear your thoughts on how the bikes compare.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome! I was looking at Harleys a while back, but was put off by the local dealer and all of their "Harley Lifestyle" crap. On top of that my son is a Triumph guy and threatened to burn any Harleys that ended up in my garage. I inherited a Victory Vegas last year and while it was a cool bike with a great motor, the way it handled and the riding position didn't excite me. I sold the Victory and bought a Yamaha FZ-09 (great bike) last month, but when I saw my Bobber on the showroom floor last week I had to buy it. I also have my son's a 2006 Triumph Scrambler in the garage.

Enjoy your bike. I'm loving mine!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Same here! Harley guy for 30 years and still ride one. The Bobber is very different and just a joy to ride.
How do you like handling and overall ride in and out of turns?
Being someone thats always looking to have some fun like that, its what im usually interested in knowing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the way this bike performs. You can get pretty aggressive in the turns, hold a line, and power through with ease. Switching your weight is a breeze and the low center of gravity helps make turning back-to-back simple and exhilarating. When I’m on my Harley I have the weight of the bike to manage and while its a great ride, its not as responsive as the Bobber. Add to this the fact that my Harley has a fairing so almost no wind blast where the Bobber is straight out open........ and you just get the feeling that you are riding a raw, aggressive motorcycle. The low end torque and the way the power is cleanly delivered throughout the power band is really remarkable. I have to say Triumph just nailed it.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Welcome! I was looking at Harleys a while back, but was put off by the local dealer and all of their "Harley Lifestyle" crap. On top of that my son is a Triumph guy and threatened to burn any Harleys that ended up in my garage. I inherited a Victory Vegas last year and while it was a cool bike with a great motor, the way it handled and the riding position didn't excite me. I sold the Victory and bought a Yamaha FZ-09 (great bike) last month, but when I saw my Bobber on the showroom floor last week I had to buy it. I also have my son's a 2006 Triumph Scrambler in the garage.

Enjoy your bike. I'm loving mine!
When I started looking, was looking at the HD Nightster. But then had settled on and started saving for a Street Twin. Then saw the Bobber release, waited, read the reviews from all the folks that got to test ride them in !adrid, put my money on the preorder a couple weeks later.

The Nighster was really the only HD I really liked, but liked the post war style of the Triumph (was riding a Royal Enfiled when I stared looking for a new bike.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had a variety of Harley's over the years from my first bike a Fat Boy then to a Road King, Ultra, Streetglide and my last two a Softail Deluxe and a Roadglide. I enjoyed them all in different ways from their esthetic appeal to their riding style. The fun part was the never ending variety of aftermarket parts and of course the Harley catalog of parts. I know this is a Triumph forum and I have moved on from the Harley world to the Triumph world when the Bobber was born.
I had been contemplating a change as I mentioned in my initial post. The Bobber did it for me. It was different, very cool looking, old school, high performance engine, fun to ride, nimble and provides the performance I was looking for. Not to mention I see this bike like the beginning of a painting. Think of the new parts, modifications, ideas that will transform this bike to an individuals ideas and styles. I am excited about owning this motorcycle, being a part of this forum and looking forward to the pictures of your individual Bobber and comments. Have fun!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Lure. The first thing I did on my bike is removed all the orange reflectors. I have on order a black statement seat, V&H exhaust, lower profile bar end mirrors, H/bar clamp logo, grip kit gummy 25.4 black, headlight bezel black, bag kit, throttle cover, intake cover, clutch badge, and lh cover. Going to watch the aftermarket as it develops from here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I started looking, was looking at the HD Nightster. But then had settled on and started saving for a Street Twin. Then saw the Bobber release, waited, read the reviews from all the folks that got to test ride them in !adrid, put my money on the preorder a couple weeks later.
Pretty much my story. I looked first at different bikes, then I fell in love withgot curious about the looks of the street twin.... I decided to up my cash and get a brand new street twin, untill I heard the exhaust note-difference between that and the T120. Then it was a black T120 who I actually half-ordered... untill the nice shop lady told me about the bobber rumors.

When it came on the market I fell in love instantly. I let my heart decide fully on this one. This is the most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen. Period.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Agreed! I dig the Street Twins sound to though. It was pretty sweet.

I was thinking the Bobber was something that was going to be out of my (meaning what I was "allowed" to spend) price range but was pleasantly surprised. So once price and reviews were out I got the permission from the CFO (wifey) to order it.

I really like the Street Twin but love the Bobber. Coming off a Royal Enfield there isn't much out there that is both modern and classic. I reasoned out that if I got the Street Twin there would be some serious changing of its hind end, so money there could just be money on the one I really wanted. Worked out fantastically.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I doubled my budget when the bobber came out. Because of Norwegian emission laws, the bobber base price is about $22.000 USD. It is about a years salary with my shitty paid job. Most norwegians make about twice of what I do, but still - fucking worth it!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Now.... if we all could just figure out how to put our location or at least country in our signature on this international forum it would help us help each other with issues... no? >:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Haha, I ended up with more. Heated grips, cruise control and some new driving gear.
Well...

In the US you are what you drive. In Norway things with motors are so expensive so the girls don't make us get expensive machines. It is just a plus if you got a sweet ass ride - but there is no manpoint penalty for taking the bus or train :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Haha, I ended up with more. Heated grips, cruise control and some new driving gear.
Well...

In the US you are what you drive. In Norway things with motors are so expensive so the girls don't make us get expensive machines. It is just a plus if you got a sweet ass ride - but there is no manpoint penalty for taking the bus or train :)
Hear, hear!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not to play one-upsmanship, but I've been riding for 48 yrs as of this coming summer. I ride about 5-6k miles year..
Harley owner and Triumph Thunderbird since 2010. Many metric bikes in between.

The Bobber changes everything for me. To be honest, it was time for a lighter more manageable bike and this Bobber has been perfect (700 miles so far) bike.
I love how inventive and ingenious the members of this forum are.

I'm adjusting to the limited range and carrying capacity (backpack - 3 lbs, works for now).

The cruisers will be up for sale.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts