Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day.
Has anyone had a look at or any experience with these boots from Held? I'm looking at new boots and these are really the only ones I've seen that I like. As far as I can tell they're not available through any shop in Australia but I can get them imported online. Obviously the size will be a bit of a gamble. I've read one review where someone thought the ankle was too large for jeans to fit over. I'd like to hear from anyone who has seen em.
Cheers, Ben.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
G'day.
Has anyone had a look at or any experience with these boots from Held? I'm looking at new boots and these are really the only ones I've seen that I like. As far as I can tell they're not available through any shop in Australia but I can get them imported online. Obviously the size will be a bit of a gamble. I've read one review where someone thought the ankle was too large for jeans to fit over. I'd like to hear from anyone who has seen em.
Cheers, Ben.
I can't help you with the boots but their gloves are excellent.

I guess the ankle fit would depend on what style jeans you wear.

·
Registered
530 Posts
G'day.
Cheers, Ben.
I know this doesn't help, but I do like those boots, I may have to research myself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WTF?! What's with all the bots on here now? Between them and the ads its becoming a chore using the forum now.

·
Registered
530 Posts
So an old post, but I have had my eye on these boots for a while and finally bit the bullet: Product Reviews - Held Nashville Boots - Brown
I have a 250 mile round trip tomorrow, so will give some feedback Friday.
First impressions:
Well made, quite light but look heavy. A bit darker in real life than the pictures.
They do feel a little large from my normal, but I did have small socks on today.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm another who can at least vouch for the fact they make quality stuff, even though no experience with these boots (3 pair gloves that have held up, pardon the pun, for years).

But as someone who lives near Nashville, it's funny the country music thing would serve as the marketing hook for boots like this, rather than some place in Texas or out West in the US known for cowboys. Here, the same cut of beef is a Kansas City Strip in NYC, and in Kansas City, it's a New York Strip. Gotta love marketing.

·
Registered
530 Posts
So as promised, I have been for a 250 mile round trip in my new boots, and wore them all day at work, so from 0730, 125 miles to work, then rode back and got home at 1830.
Couple of pics, with my jeans on, and yes my feet are not the largest, but they now look tiny, these are a 41 euro size, 7.5 UK and 8.5 US. They look like baby shoes..... DSC_0910.JPG

So on the next pic you can see where the top is already loosing its colour, this isn't a problem for me, as I think the boots are a little dark already. Also I don't imagine it will effect use. WHilst on the bike these boots do feel clunky, they are the first pair I have owned of this style, so may take some getting used too, I though I was always touching the controls with the grip, but I wasn't, it was really just my foot in the boot, strange feeling. The sole of this boot is massive, its nearly a 2inch heel in total, but they are not sold as ladies boots, thankfully.

Whilst at work, with plenty of walking, I had no issues with rubbing or the like. They did just feel quite spacious around the ankle, probably because they are.
I am very happy and they are going to last a long time by the look of it, also will have to get used to this type of boot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the review Brigstocksbobber, very informative. Glad you like them, hope you get many miles out of them too. I went with a different boot but I won't rule out the Held boots when it comes time to replace mine.
Cheers, Ben.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts