Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. i cracked like a egg and yielded to temptation.
Hedon Heroine Racer on the way!

I have to admit that i was one finger stroke away from ordering via Urban Rider as i normally would. However i decided to give a new (to me) company a try & i am very glad i did.
I bought my Heroine (that sounds REALLY bad >:)) from DESIGNER HELMETS. Super friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to give a fantastic buying experience.
For me, customer relations is above all else the most important part of adding to my collection. I know the Hedon will be a great helmet (research is also fun :)), but there is so much more satisfaction when purchased via like minded and enthusiastic people.
As i may have mentioned in my previous posts, i have 55/56cm circumference and went for a size M.

Of course i will update this thread once i receive and try out the Hedon.

BTW, it´ll be a SIGNATURE BLACK with Deep Smoke visor.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A beauty. Just how many are in your “collection?
Too many to mention :eek:
I have had a helmet addiction for as long as i can remember and it started with my first ever Arai (and the saleswoman i had a crush on >:)).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Too many to mention :eek:
I have had a helmet addiction for as long as i can remember and it started with my first ever Arai (and the saleswoman i had a crush on >:)).
Have heard of real estate whores (can’t resist buying) but, a helmet ***** is a first (and I don’t mean your Arai saleswoman):grin2:

·
Registered
348 Posts
one of the few places i've seen it (well online) in the u.s. is at the rake.com. just above 900$ for the heroine with flip up visor.

i'm really tempted. just wish they had a matte grey in the flip up to go with my ironstone bobber. they have a matte grey in the classic open full-face though.

here's an entertaining video review from revival cycles:

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome, i'll look into it! thanks eisen!
I have just read the small print. You’re in luck regarding customization:

Please note we do offer customisation for Heroines and Epicurist, with all the above options, please email us at [email protected] if you would like to order either.
ECE 22.05 certified. This means they are road legal for all of Europe and the UK.
DOT certified. This means they are road legal for the United States of America.
Please select one or the other above.
PLEASE NOTE : HELMET SAFETY STANDARDS.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure they purchase a helmet that conforms to your local safety standard – e.g DOT for USA riders, ECE for European riders. Where a helmet is purchased for use in a country, where it does not conform to the local safety standards, it is purchased/worn at the riders own risk and we accept no responsibility for loss or damage to property or person as a result of it’s use.
Please note that there will be colour variation on every computer or mobile screen. Therefore the colours on this customisation board are merely an approximate colour guide reference.
Any customisation will take 4 months to make upon the date of your purchase. If you are lucky, it might be earlier!
IMPORTANT : PLEASE USE OUR HEDON SIZING CHART TO DETERMINE YOUR SIZE. THERE ARE NO RETURNS ON CUSTOMISED ITEMS SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MEASURED YOUR HEAD CORRECTLY.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks!

can't wait to hear your review on your hedon when you receive it!
I’ll update once I get it. Hopefully by end of next week.

In the meantime, I did a mini review of the NEXX XG100R.
To add to that; I was impressed and surprised how much I liked it & how well it performed. On the way home i used my in ear headphones which obviously negated any wind noise. The winds really picked up and I had very, very slight lift on the helmet. But the moment i tilted my head in to a more “racer” position, this effectively stopped the lift. I say this because I am expecting the Heroine to have no lift at all, as I’m hoping it’s been designed to be used in a more upright position and won’t need that slight tilt like the NEXX does at higher speeds.
But again, this happened when riding above the speed limit, on an open motorway and with strong/blustery summer winds. So it’s in no way a complaint or criticism towards the Nexx. At 100kph it was perfect (without any “tilting” needed) - and that is the “sweet spot” speed I like to ride the Bobber in.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arrived this morning.
Its like no other retro helmet out there; tiny shell, thick shield and luxurious liner. Just oozes quality and i am looking forward to trying it out.
Sizing wise, it fits just a little bit bigger than the Hedonist - so i am still using a size M for my 56cm head.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great looking helmet! I hear there is a used helmet store in Palma de Mallorca owned by a very knowledgeable owner. If I am ever in that area I will check it out. ?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Arrived this morning.
Its like no other retro helmet out there; tiny shell, thick shield and luxurious liner. Just oozes quality and i am looking forward to trying it out.
Sizing wise, it fits just a little bit bigger than the Hedonist - so i am still using a size M for my 56cm head.

Eileen, that is one great looking helmet and I'm SO tempted, although being in the U.S. means a custom DOT version and about two months wait. But, still...
Curious why you're in a medium in the Hedon helmets. Their size chart list a 56 cm (55-56) as a small in both the Herioine and the Hedonist. Had you tried them on and then ordered or did you not want to risk it being too tight. You said the Herione ran a big larger than the Hedonist but you still went with a medium. Being long distance (although I will be in Spain later in the year and I know a place I could possibly try it on), and considering how pricey they are, I don't want to risk the wrong size (which I had even with a store bought Shoei although the store was great about exchanging it after a few days). Was also intrigued by the Davida helmets (they're about to release a full face one) but, they don't make DOT helmets.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Eileen, that is one great looking helmet and I'm SO tempted, although being in the U.S. means a custom DOT version and about two months wait. But, still...
Curious why you're in a medium in the Hedon helmets. Their size chart list a 56 cm (55-56) as a small in both the Herioine and the Hedonist. Had you tried them on and then ordered or did you not want to risk it being too tight. You said the Herione ran a big larger than the Hedonist but you still went with a medium. Being long distance (although I will be in Spain later in the year and I know a place I could possibly try it on), and considering how pricey they are, I don't want to risk the wrong size (which I had even with a store bought Shoei although the store was great about exchanging it after a few days). Was also intrigued by the Davida helmets (they're about to release a full face one) but, they don't make DOT helmets.
Thanks Jerrman. Never been called Eileen before, but if i was a girl it would probably suit me >:)
Its hard to explain the difference in fit between the Hedonist versus the Heroine. But to put it the best i can, the Hedonist has a ¨tighter¨overall fit whereas the Heroine feels roomier. I have not tried a size S in the Heroine, but i imagine it would be too small and uncomfortable for me. The size S in the Hedonist was far too tight for me.
The general consensus (Urban Rider, 24Helmets.de) is that they run small, but alot depends on head shape.
Designer Helmets (where i bought mine) lists the Hedonist size SMALL as a 54/55.
Revival Cycles also say it runs small (watch the video atached at 5.03s)

With all this mixed info on sizing, I recommend you try before buying (if you can) as i agree that you don´t want to spend that much and be stuck with a glorified paperweight cause of wrong fit.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks Jerrman. Never been called Eileen before, but if i was a girl it would probably suit me >:)
Its hard to explain the difference in fit between the Hedonist versus the Heroine. But to put it the best i can, the Hedonist has a ¨tighter¨overall fit whereas the Heroine feels roomier. I have not tried a size S in the Heroine, but i imagine it would be too small and uncomfortable for me. The size S in the Hedonist was far too tight for me.
The general consensus (Urban Rider, 24Helmets.de) is that they run small, but alot depends on head shape.
Designer Helmets (where i bought mine) lists the Hedonist size SMALL as a 54/55.
Revival Cycles also say it runs small (watch the video atached at 5.03s)

With all this mixed info on sizing, I recommend you try before buying (if you can) as i agree that you don´t want to spend that much and be stuck with a glorified paperweight cause of wrong fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vebTdzM-hbc
Thanks for the input, Eileen, er, I mean Eisen >:) (**** that autocorrect). I've looked at the Revival site which really explains it all. Agree about trying before buying. Since I'm not near Austin and I think they're the only ones in the States that have Hedon, I'll have to wait till I'm in San Sebastian later this year where I know a place that has them. Ultimately, if I pull the trigger, I'll have to go with the full face Heroine, since that's the only model that's available in DOT compliance. The 3/4 Hedonist isn't. Thanks again for the all that information. Sorry about the name. Next time I'll proof read better. :wink2:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts