Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get rid of shiny chrome on my bike, not much of it can't do much about the top of the forks and can live with that, but its the headlight ring that upsets me. Has anybody sprayed it black? even better has anybody scotch- brited it back and found any copper under the chrome?
headlight.jpg
and yes I know I can buy a black one from Triumph but a little pricey for a cheap bit of tin

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
The easiest way would be to get some automotive vinyl wrap. Trim it roughly to size and take your time applying with a hairdryer. Then trim any excess off with a razor blade. I've wrapped a few things before and it's turned out well. The vinyl is fairly durable and stays in place and can be got in a small roll for next to nothing. Worth a thought anyway.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The easiest way would be to get some automotive vinyl wrap. Trim it roughly to size and take your time applying with a hairdryer. Then trim any excess off with a razor blade. I've wrapped a few things before and it's turned out well. The vinyl is fairly durable and stays in place and can be got in a small roll for next to nothing. Worth a thought anyway.
You can do this with the top of the forks too. Make the join around the back and nobody will ever know ?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
You can do this with the top of the forks too. Make the join around the back and nobody will ever know ?
That's on the ever increasing "to do" list! I'll be glad of the decent weather when i can get out and actually ride the thing! ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep for a nasty piece of tin......I want to source a Roughcrafts type headlight grille same as I had on my Sportster at some point so don't want to spend £43 on that...
882669_10151341137225264_1423524498_o.jpg

·
Registered
329 Posts
yep for a nasty piece of tin......I want to source a Roughcrafts type headlight grille same as I had on my Sportster at some point so don't want to spend £43 on that... View attachment 42236
A nasty piece of tin that someone has now cut shaped and polished in a way that 99% of us can't.

Kinda like the way you could pay some local Spaniard minimum wage to ride the repsol honda in the moto gp.

So I guess it depends what your priorities are I suppose.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
You could always go for the machined one , I've got it on mine and although a bit more expensive it's very well made.
excuse the old photo , that's a few months on and the bike has changed somewhat since then ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A nasty piece of tin that someone has now cut shaped and polished in a way that 99% of us can't.

Kinda like the way you could pay some local Spaniard minimum wage to ride the repsol honda in the moto gp.

So I guess it depends what your priorities are I suppose.
i have no idea what you are talking about?

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you like the rest of the truimph headlight I was just saying £46 is not a great deal to sort an issue that is upsetting you.

You can't put a price on your happiness :love:

Honda racing team prob don't wanna pay mark marques 2 million a year to ride.
I wonder when they lift the trophy they think about how they just won the world championiship or how they lost 2 million.

One life:cool:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
oooh that looks good anymore pics?
Aaaah bugger , I've just put her away for the day. Next time I'm out in the garage I'll get a close up for you mate. ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts