Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks like the high beam is aiming lower than OEM, which is great news for oncoming traffic! Heck, I've been blinded so many time by high beams, little things like this makes me grateful if I'm coming the opposite way.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi there, How did the LED unit fit inside the housing? also what did you do with the water proof rubber inside the unit?
I bought a much cheaper LED unit, £20 for 2. 16000 Lumins apparently. Not the best pictures but I didnt want to leave it in just yet. It does fit inside the housing but cannot really use the rubber.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there, How did the LED unit fit inside the housing? also what did you do with the water proof rubber inside the unit?
I bought a much cheaper LED unit, £20 for 2. 16000 Lumins apparently. Not the best pictures but I didnt want to leave it in just yet. It does fit inside the housing but cannot really use the rubber.
It's a tight fit. I had to rearrange the wiring to jamb it all in there. On the Pathfinder, the three pronged base is removable, so I removed it, installed the rubber boot and reinstalled the base.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the high beam is aiming lower than OEM, which is great news for oncoming traffic! Heck, I've been blinded so many time by high beams, little things like this makes me grateful if I'm coming the opposite way.
The aim can be changed by loosening the headlight housing and tilting. I do like the new bulb but wish it had a more defined pattern on the road and signs, but that would require a different housing with fluted lens. The Pathfinder definitely has more side light on the road surface than OEM as you can see on my driveway in the pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts