Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Eisen77 mentioned Twinton here some time ago, I contacted them about their homemade headlight/speedo conversion (see pics below) and they told me that at the moment they only make these as part of a total bike build; however in the new year they should have this in their new parts catalogue.
Needless to say, I'm on their list :wink2:

What a wonderful way to kill two birds with one stone eh?

Cheers!
mike

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! How do I get on their list Mike?
Just send them an email. They're called twintonmotorcycles from southern Germany. As far as I know, they speak English too.

I just did a search on the web after hearing about them here.

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks Mike. I was admiring that custom headlamp bucket/speedo conversion as well, but never thought to contact them. Based on your post, I submitted a request through their site to be put on a list to be contacted as well if they produce that part for sale. Thanks again!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh wow...
That´s great news! Looks like something to look forward to in the new year. Plus these guys are only 270km from where I live ;-)

·
Registered
370 Posts
A company d9 used to make them to doesn’t look it’s on their site anymore though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mike. I was admiring that custom headlamp bucket/speedo conversion as well, but never thought to contact them. Based on your post, I submitted a request through their site to be put on a list to be contacted as well if they produce that part for sale. Thanks again!
You're welcome!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks to Mike, I submitted a request to Twinton via their website to be notified when they turn this into a product. I received the following response from Thomas at Twinton yesterday... "We plan to launch this solution in early 2018. It is then available in our new webshop. Please be patient and visit our website in the new year.". Great news.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This whole time I was thinking it was d9 when it was in fact benji.

BENJIE'S CAFE RACER
The one I think you mean, is the green primed one on their website yes?
If so, it's different to the one from Twinton which uses the original mounting position on the bottom yoke.
Benji's is cool for those wanting side mounts, though I'll prefer to wait for the Twinton one.
Thanks nevertheless for posting.:wink2:

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am definitely happy with mine
Looks great!

How did you manage to get yours?
Do they sell them now, or was it part of a larger project done by them?

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah okay :wink2:
Hopefully they'll be available soon, they'll be very popular here I'm sure, Thomas has some great ideas.

Cheers!
mike

Reactions: getor

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm very happy that I met Thomas in summer 2015. He's a super creative person with many great ideas, when it comes to customize all kind of bikes (not only Triumphs...)
His handcrafted frontlight/speedo seems to strike in the Bobber community. I don't know his plans about bringing this part in serial production on the market.
But if he says so, than a larger circle of Bobber owners can be lucky to purchase one of these!

iBobber

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm anxiously awaiting Thomas producing his speedo for sale.

iBobber... Can you see the speedo OK or do the handlebars obstruct your view of the lower half of the speedo (e.g. digital display portion and the turn signal indicators)?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts